1st Woman President?

Help Support CattleToday:

Who should be the first Woman President?

• Rosie O'Donnell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oprah

• Hillary Clinton

• Gina Davis

• Jessica Simpson

• Britney Spears

• Glynn Close

• Murphy Brown

• Other

• Total voters
J&T Farm":1b0mtenp said:
Well our goverment is out of touch with the common man, the average American family, and has been for a while(5yrs). :)
How so? Maybe you could be more specific?

And while you're at it, maybe you wouldn't mind explaining how your dysfunctional Arkansas heroes have anything in common with the "average American family."

J&T Farm":116tocln said:
If youll tell me how your born with a silver spoon oilman has ever help anyone but the very richest first.

I've gotten more tax breaks from President Bush than I did from Clinton.

And I am by no means rich!

J":3ji9cvmy said:
J&T Farm":3ji9cvmy said:
If youll tell me how your born with a silver spoon oilman has ever help anyone but the very richest first.

I've gotten more tax breaks from President Bush than I did from Clinton.

And I am by no means rich!
Same here. I love those tax breaks President Bush Gave us..I don't remember any from clinton.

By tax breaks for the rich, well, I am definately no where near rich, but I agree with them. Those tax breaks made it so wealthy people paid the same percentage in taxes. Before, the wealthy class was paying a higher percentage of taxes. Lets say the average Joe was paying 30%. The wealthy was paying 40%. Even if they are rich, everyone should have to pay the same percentage.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":143uky87 said:
By tax breaks for the rich, well, I am definately no where near rich, but I agree with them. Those tax breaks made it so wealthy people paid the same percentage in taxes. Before, the wealthy class was paying a higher percentage of taxes. Lets say the average Joe was paying 30%. The wealthy was paying 40%. Even if they are rich, everyone should have to pay the same percentage.

I've seen that 80% of all Federal Income Taxes are paid by the top 20% of income earners.

Looks to me like the RICH are the ones that pay taxes. Yeah us little guys & gals do too but there are alot less rich than there are poor.

I also look at it from the point of view of when was the last time you had a job working for a poor person?

That $3-400 didnt help yall enuf to justify what its doing to this countrys debt. Our kids and grandkids are going to be stuck with this bill for years and years to come. A country has to operate the same as a business. You can only spend more than you make for so long before something has to give. Now if we had a hugh surplus of money and were in the black I could see giving some back. My thoughts.

J&T Farm":53ml04ho said:
That $3-400 didnt help yall enuf to justify what its doing to this countrys debt.

A country has to operate the same as a business.

You can only spend more than you make for so long before something has to give.

Now if we had a hugh surplus of money and were in the black I could see giving some back.

My thoughts.

Interesting thoughts, coming from somebody who farms for a living.

Craig-TX":2x3y4ozm said:
J&T Farm":2x3y4ozm said:
That $3-400 didnt help yall enuf to justify what its doing to this countrys debt.

A country has to operate the same as a business.

You can only spend more than you make for so long before something has to give.

Now if we had a hugh surplus of money and were in the black I could see giving some back.

My thoughts.

Interesting thoughts, coming from somebody who farms for a living.
??Explain please?

J&T Farm":2afnd4up said:
That $3-400 didnt help yall enuf to justify what its doing to this countrys debt. Our kids and grandkids are going to be stuck with this bill for years and years to come. A country has to operate the same as a business. You can only spend more than you make for so long before something has to give. Now if we had a hugh surplus of money and were in the black I could see giving some back. My thoughts.
Did you send your refund back to the treasury???

didnt get one. Dont want one. I owe about $400,000 on this farm and my payment is 44,000 a year and theres seldom any money laying around. In other words its about a break even operation until we get paid down some but were young and got time. But say I go in the feed store already broke and tell the feed man I need 10 sacks of feed and charge it to my account. Oh yeah, let me give you an extra $50 bucks too just for the heck of it.

J&T Farm":2b13ivw6 said:

This country will never be in the "black". It's not our Presidents fault! It's the government as a whole. I too would like to know if you sent your refund check back or not? I would also like to know if at the end of the year if you have any money coming back you tell the IRS to keep it and put it towards the national debt so our kids and grandkids aren't responsible?

Quit blaming President Bush and start focusing more on the government. We cannot blame everything on just one person. I know he is a powerful man but give me a break. :mad:

J":3o0h1jnj said:
This country will never be in the "black". It's not our Presidents fault! It's the government as a whole.

Quit blaming President Bush and start focusing more on the government. We cannot blame everything on just one person. I know he is a powerful man but give me a break. :mad:

This country has been overspending since the Big War. It is now so ingrained in the system no administration can stop it.
One day the laws of economics will determine the outcome. It will not be pretty.

T

Ryder":2baqr2cl said:
This country has been overspending since the Big War. It is now so ingrained in the system no administration can stop it.

One day the laws of economics will determine the outcome. It will not be pretty.

You're exactly right Ryder. The only thing we can know for sure is that a train wreck is headed our way. It's not if -- it's when. It may be soon, could still be a ways off, but it's close enough that if you put your ear to the ground you can hear it coming.

It's way past fixing. Over the decades the liberals have screwed up everything so badly that these days it's unfixable. Nobody would want to take the medicine that would be required to fix it. Nobody.

Both parties are to blame, which includes all liberals and moderates since the days of FDR, and a bunch of the so-called conservatives since JFK's time. You can't defy the laws of nature, common sense, fundamental business and decency forever. Sooner or later the basic principals will kick in again.

There will be hell to pay.

Asked my grandmother one day about the big depression. She said it didn't bother them they never had anything anyway.

Seems like that meant when it hit they were able to support themselves off their everyday labor. Seems like others weren't as able.

Probably could be some sort of cyclical thing akin to the fall of Rome.

wewild
absolutly correct!
those that can live off the land will survive!
those that can't will end up coming to us that can!!
i fear not for myself (getting too old) nor do i fear for my children,they will survive! i FEAR for my grandchildren and the moral dedrigation(SP) this country goes thru every day,to blame any one person or any given politcal party is like spitting into the wind, (not smart)
WE and i mean all of US are to blame!!!
however i believe the subject of the forum is woman prez!
i like none of the subjects offered, would say my wife but she might get elected and i would have to speend too much time away from my place, plus those dad gummed security folks would get in the way of me moving stock around!, :D :D

memanpa":3bwymi0s said:
i fear not for myself (getting too old) nor do i fear for my children,they will survive! i FEAR for my grandchildren and the moral dedrigation(SP) this country goes thru every day,to blame any one person or any given politcal party is like spitting into the wind, (not smart)
WE and i mean all of US are to blame!!!
, :D :D

As well do I for my children. I believe you are right and the wheel has momentum.

J":1ao8n3e0 said:
J&T Farm":1ao8n3e0 said:

This country will never be in the "black". It's not our Presidents fault! It's the government as a whole. I too would like to know if you sent your refund check back or not? I would also like to know if at the end of the year if you have any money coming back you tell the IRS to keep it and put it towards the national debt so our kids and grandkids aren't responsible?

read the post prior to this one^ J

Latest posts