1st Time in History

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm sure it ain't happening up here.

I'm baffled at how cheap I can get stuff from China... I bought thermocouples (pyrometer probes for engine exhaust gas temperature sensors).. SHIPPED, from china, for $.75 each... Nevermind I'd have to pay about $40 for the item here, I couldn't ship it to my next door neighbor's mailbox for that

I'd hate to know I had to trust my health or life to a 75 cent Chinese made thermometer..according the the one on my porch, it's 5 degF above zero right now.

If the stuff I bought at the local auto parts store wasn't imported from China and had 100,000% markup on it for the same crap, that would be a different story..

Take some little microswitches for excavator controls.. CAT charges $15 each for them... I got 40 of them for $9.94, including shipping.. same darned switch... I really avoid taking it up the arse with jalapeno and sand. Paying for quality I will do, but get real, with all the big companies 'outsourcing' I don't believe I'm getting a better switch from them.

BTW, the chinese thermocouples I have are accurate to 1* from -200F to 1800F, and are incredibly fast responding.. they'll do what I need them to do just fine

Latest posts