1999 dodge 3500

Help Support CattleToday:

Moocow11

Reaction score
I just bought a 1999 dodge 3500, and I have heard that you cant stick a gooseneck plate in the dodges that you have to put a B&W turnover hitch in them??? is that true, or can I stick a plate out of a 04 ford f250, if I drill new holes for it?? Thanks alot

you can do either...my 02 has a plate and ive seen plnty of em. but buyin a mtg kit is alot easier since it has holes to fit the frame plates. like a reg rec hitch cept under the bed instead of under the bumper

I already have a plate, and I dont really have 400 I can spend on a B&W so I gusse I will use the plate

Can you redrill the plate holes so you're bolting into the C-frame as well? If so, you're safe. I don't like those plates that just bolt to the bottom of the truck bed without any attachement to the frame. I've seen those things fail, not just in Dodges, but any newer truck with the softer beds.

You cannot bolt to the tube frame on newer trucks by drilling holes though. You need to C-clamp around the frame. Its been awhile since I looked, but I'm pretty sure your 99 is still a C-frame.

Rod

the best way really is to buy the kit so ya dont hafta even drill any holes. its just like a bumper pull hitch except underneath the bed on top of the frame and bolted on thru the sides

your going to have to get a mounting kit, after 94 dodge was running the tube frames, or you can make your own if you have a buddies you can look at and any welding exp.as a matter of fact if you need them I can send you pics of mine.
Frank

I double checked and Dodge didn't switch to tube frames until 2003 on the 25/3500 series. I should have remembered that as I simply drilled all my Dodges before I bought my 03.

They did switch to tube in 2002 on the 1500 series when they redesigned it.

Rod

Latest posts