1970 Case 970

Help Support CattleToday:

kjonesel

Reaction score
Brought home a Case 970 gas today that has 13xx hours on it. It has a cab AC, radio, lights, everything works fine. Tires are 25%, and the parking brake needs replaced. I wanted a tractor with a working AC for my son who has alergys and a tractor that would start in the wintertime when I got home from work and needed to put in a bale of hay. Paid $3850.00 for it even with high cattle prices it was still hard to justify it.

kjonesel":1bw0e0et said:
Brought home a Case 970 gas today that has 13xx hours on it. It has a cab AC, radio, lights, everything works fine. Tires are 25%, and the parking brake needs replaced. I wanted a tractor with a working AC for my son who has alergys and a tractor that would start in the wintertime when I got home from work and needed to put in a bale of hay. Paid $3850.00 for it even with high cattle prices it was still hard to justify it.

JI Case made a good heavy duty tractor back in the day,but is 1,300 hours really correct?

They don't sell well because of the color, and yo can buy a lot of them for $2000 to $7000, so if you care about $/lb they are one of the better values out there.

kjonesel":1gl3uq7o said:

Cab and working AC is worth $3850.
My grandad had a big ole 30's model Case, but that's my total knowledge of the brand. I don't think I ever saw one with a cab.

I take it to be correct on the hours the fellow who owned it up until 4 years ago bought it for one reason, he wanted a tractor to put a grader blade on to use on his drives. In the summer he leveled the gravel and in the winter he scraped snow. Supposedly he bought a gas so that it would always start. I wouldn't have believed that anyone would do that till I got older and my Dad bought a tractor to put on a feed grinder. He passed away last year and the cows were sold off the dairy in 2003 but the tractor is still hooked up to the grinder. They don't add hours very fast that way. And the story is the same on this tractor, the fellow bought it just because he wanted it I'm told.