18 Wheeler Smuggling Meth

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Raul and Aquileo got a lot of 'splainin to do...

Sunday, May 20, 2018
LINDEN, N.C. (WTVD) -- Investigators seized a semi-truck truck on Saturday that had $90.8 million worth of liquid methamphetamine in the driver's side fuel tank.

The truck was being handled by 49-year-old Raul Topete Arreola and 48-year-old Aquileo Perez Pineda. Each man has been charged with three counts of trafficking methamphetamine.

In total, there were 120 gallons of liquid meth in the tank, which, according to Harnett County Sheriff Wayne Coats, would be converted into 454 kilograms of crystal meth. This is estimated to have a street value of almost $91 million. The semi-truck involved was a 2009 Peterbilt. It was seized near the 100 block of Will Lucas Road in Linden. The two suspects were placed in the Harnett County Detention Center under a $3 million bond. An immigration detainer has been issued for Pineda and ICE is looking into the immigration status of Arreola.

interesting video:
http://www.wnct.com/news/north-carolina ... 1189789875

The fuel tank that stored the methamphetamine.
DQH7n4il.jpg

The ephedrine and pseudoephedrine that's going into Mexico now, where is that coming from?

It's coming from, primarily, India, Germany, and China. That's where it's manufactured, and it's roughly in equal parts from those three countries.

These are the countries that need to be targeted if we are to stop this drug problem. Only drug companies with an legal need for the drug should have it.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontlin ... exico.html

hurleyjd":tuhm4xhs said:
The ephedrine and pseudoephedrine that's going into Mexico now, where is that coming from?

It's coming from, primarily, India, Germany, and China. That's where it's manufactured, and it's roughly in equal parts from those three countries.

These are the countries that need to be targeted if we are to stop this drug problem. Only drug companies with an legal need for the drug should have it.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontlin ... exico.html

Totally agree. First let's build the wall and secure the border.

I suspect that the drug trade is a great part of the economy and that is why not much is done. I do not understand why anyone would do drugs when I can go to the Local Walmart and buy beer and wine and get totally out of my head.

hurleyjd":2347hmfv said:
I suspect that the drug trade is a great part of the economy and that is why not much is done. I do not understand why anyone would do drugs when I can go to the Local Walmart and buy beer and wine and get totally out of my head.

Glad to hear you're self aware.

hurleyjd":18gthp74 said:
I do not understand why anyone would do drugs when I can go to the Local Walmart and buy beer and wine and get
totally out of my head.
My understanding is the initial attraction is increased sexual stimulation, which is lost by time addiction has taken
hold and just addict cycle remains. Only going by from what I've heard and read, but seems correct as sex is a primary
motivator throughout life cycles.

Son of Butch":379onuub said:
They check fuel tanks for legal color 'taxed/untaxed' diesel fuel.
So this must have been untaxed meth? :lol:

I bet cleaning that tank before putting the meth in was a job or was it just another chemical to the meth?

People die from a $40 robbery at the convenience store. But these guys are heading down the highway with $91 million with of "product" and they don't get killed in a deal gone bad ? There are many more dangers here than I care to postulate.

backhoeboogie":3eg50kuk said:
People die from a $40 robbery at the convenience store. But these guys are heading down the highway with $91 million with of "product" and they don't get killed in a deal gone bad ? There are many more dangers here than I care to postulate.

You can watch them almost nightly at the stop and robs on local news.
Six cameras getting their pictures while robbing the store. They don't care they need a fix now will worry about getting caught tomorrow.

TennesseeTuxedo":3p086hzf said:
Bestoutwest":3p086hzf said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3p086hzf said:
Totally agree. First let's build the wall and secure the border.

Pretty sure the wall wouldn't have stopped this....

Why?

Do you deny drugs flood our country across the southern border?

For real? Did the truck drive through the desert? Did it float across the Rio Grande Oregon Trail style? It was trying to get through a check point. Therefore, the wall would not have stopped this vehicle from getting into America.....

Bestoutwest":zu9wew2x said:
TennesseeTuxedo":zu9wew2x said:
Bestoutwest":zu9wew2x said:
Pretty sure the wall wouldn't have stopped this....

Why?

For real? Did the truck drive through the desert? Did it float across the Rio Grande Oregon Trail style? It was trying to get through a check point. Therefore, the wall would not have stopped this vehicle from getting into America.....

Why do you oppose the wall? Don't you want to MAGA?

TennesseeTuxedo":1vezi7jb said:
Bestoutwest":1vezi7jb said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1vezi7jb said:
Why?

Walls keep people out and also keep people in so we really need to be careful here.

TennesseeTuxedo":3919tu2b said:
Bestoutwest":3919tu2b said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3919tu2b said:
Why?

I oppose the wall b/c I think it's going to be a massive expense that won't yield the type of results we're hoping for. 6 foot corrals don't keep all cattle in, same thing with a border fence. Humans are intelligent, resourceful and creative creatures that always find a way to accomplish their goals. I'd love to MAGA, and I think Trump should lead the charge by manufacturing all of his apparel right here in the good ole USA! Until that happens he's just another Washington phony.

Bestoutwest":1b5wynnu said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1b5wynnu said:
Bestoutwest":1b5wynnu said:

I oppose the wall b/c I think it's going to be a massive expense that won't yield the type of results we're hoping for. 6 foot corrals don't keep all cattle in, same thing with a border fence. Humans are intelligent, resourceful and creative creatures that always find a way to accomplish their goals. I'd love to MAGA, and I think Trump should lead the charge by manufacturing all of his apparel right here in the good ole USA! Until that happens he's just another Washington phony.

How true but you will get this thread locked pretty quick because you used the T word.

Latest posts