18 month old Bull won't get up

Help Support CattleToday:

rhuggins

Reaction score
I have a yearling bull calf about 5-600 lbs. Eats well and drinks well. (Watered with CORID for the last 5 days) Just before that he was puny so we gave him a shot of B-12 and pour on wormer. He is looking a lot better. Alert bright eyed and tries to get up but acts like back legs are asleep. Strong and crawls around pen good just won't get up. Help!

If he is 18 months old and only weighs 5-600 pounds I would put him out of his misery. He is not worth the time or money to save. Unless there is something you haven't said like you raise mini cattle or something, I can't think of any good reason to save him.

Isomade":3ptse9jb said:
If he is 18 months old and only weighs 5-600 pounds I would put him out of his misery. He is not worth the time or money to save. Unless there is something you haven't said like you raise mini cattle or something, I can't think of any good reason to save him.
Fur poor hillbillys, most times a yearling is a lot closer to 12 months then 18, but I agree that if as a yearling he only weighs 500-600 pounds .........................

Call a veterinarian if you are sincere about trying to find out what is going on with him.

Just because I am curious. How long has he been down? Was he down before you started treating him? Why are you giving him Corid? Is he really skinny?

ETA: the poster said that the bull is 18 months old in the title of his thread.

yeah....
I weaned heifer claves last week at 220 days that averaged 600 lbs.

I agree with Isomade....if you can not find a competent Vet then put the poor critter out of his misery as I suspect it is something worse than a pour on will cure.

chippie":22w968fa said:
Call a veterinarian if you are sincere about trying to find out what is going on with him.

Just because I am curious. How long has he been down? Was he down before you started treating him? Why are you giving him Corid? Is he really skinny?

ETA: the poster said that the bull is 18 months old in the title of his thread.
I didn;t read thee title just the thread

This animal has a severely pinched nerve or a spinal injury, either way he is WAY BEHIND for his age and needs to be euthanized ASAP!!! Consider his form of life having to drag himself around, put him down already!!!

Have you given him some Dex or cortizone, a anti-imflammatory.
Sounds like a injury of some kind