18,000 rolls?

Help Support CattleToday:

gabby

Reaction score
I was picking up a load of peanut hay recently and the custom baler was there. He was baling with a JD 467. I asked him how he liked his baler and he said it was still going strong after baling 18,000 rolls.

After I picked my jaw up off the ground, I asked him how many bales he puts on a baler and he said this one was over a year old and he was going to trade it this winter. He bought it last August. He said he bales coastal and peanut but no straw.

I'm amazed that a baler will bale that many bales and still be good, and also that one person can bale that much hay in 14 months. Reckon he was bs-ing me?? He didn't seem to be a fake.

gabby":8ua9iks6 said:
I was picking up a load of peanut hay recently and the custom baler was there. He was baling with a JD 467. I asked him how he liked his baler and he said it was still going strong after baling 18,000 rolls.

After I picked my jaw up off the ground, I asked him how many bales he puts on a baler and he said this one was over a year old and he was going to trade it this winter. He bought it last August. He said he bales coastal and peanut but no straw.

I'm amazed that a baler will bale that many bales and still be good, and also that one person can bale that much hay in 14 months. Reckon he was bs-ing me?? He didn't seem to be a fake.
Thats only around 450 hours of baling. Not that hard to do. He was only running it 4.5% of the time he owned it. I trade mine around 20,000 bales or when the carrige bolt heads wear off. When baling cornstalks it is common to get 900 bales everyday even with broken belts and loading net wrap and fueling and lunches.

somn":3ceqhlnm said:
gabby":3ceqhlnm said:

Thats only around 450 hours of baling

:shock: Wow! 40 bales of per hour.

Not that hard to do. He was only running it 4.5% of the time he owned it. I trade mine around 20,000 bales or when the carrige bolt heads wear off. When baling cornstalks it is common to get 900 bales everyday even with broken belts and loading net wrap and fueling and lunches.

Latest posts