17 17 17 $415 a ton ( good buy ? )

Help Support CattleToday:

BobbyLummus1

Reaction score
$415 a ton just put it out , its alot of money to put back into the cattle operation but i hope itll be worth it , ive never used a commercial fertilizer and don't think my grandpa did . I know we priced it a couple years ago and decided against it real quick . Could of got the liquid N at I think around $250 ton . Hard to find anybody to haul the litter . In process of looking for a good spreader truck

I haven't priced any fertilizer yet but need to get to work on it. I usually put out something with a 3-1-2 ratio though for bermuda grass in my area. 21-8-17

BobbyLummus1":2wvwdnsp said:
$415 a ton just put it out , its alot of money to put back into the cattle operation but i hope itll be worth it , ive never used a commercial fertilizer and don't think my grandpa did . I know we priced it a couple years ago and decided against it real quick . Could of got the liquid N at I think around $250 ton . Hard to find anybody to haul the litter . In process of looking for a good spreader truck

About a $100.00 lees per ton than last year for here. We were a little over $500.00 per ton last year. Haven't priced any this year. I don't put out any until the middle of April or later so the rye grass doesn't suck it all up before the Bermuda greens up.