15 Month Old Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I like this 15 month old bull. Reg# 15417483 Check him out.
Chuckie
P0001958.jpg

you need a better pic. All you can really make a comment on is he has a good scrotal. He looks good and meaty, but this pic really makes it tough to make a judgement, makes him look swaybacked.

I wish I could get a good picture from all sides in the short amount of time I had to take them. He was on uneven soil and the other calves wouldn't stay out of the pic.
He is super long, short legs and travels with his back straight. His stride is good, but he stops at times with his legs stretched out letting his back drop occassionally. I see this a lot when they pring out the sale books with the bulls. Then he stands with his back straight just fine. I think it has to do with the fact that he is extremely long. (Weenie dog in first life)
His weights are:

Adj WW was 851 with a ration of 116 and a adj. YW of 1320 with a ratio of 110.

This is a big factor along with his development. Strong fertility tests also.
Here is another shot from the rear, but turned more. Seems the only clear and shot I could get was when the other cattle weren't keeping things moving. It shows more of his back.

With all the pluses and minuses, he is a strong candidate.
Cowgirl, he seems to be proud of his jewels. I would have caught him and taped them up, but I think he wouldn't have stood long for that.
Chuckie
P0001961.jpg

good look'in thick bull. got a good butt too like the way it keeps going outward and then to hock. instead of being broke out with the no'ass'atall disease ;-) good bull

ALACOWMAN":3j425e8s said:
good look'in thick bull. got a good butt too like the way it keeps going outward and then to hock. instead of being broke out with the no'ass'atall disease ;-) good bull
ALACOWMAN-Chuckie - This somewhat recently typical beef cattle trait is called "Funnelbutt". This is a fine bull, and being a doublebred Bon View Bando 598, he should mature into a fine herd producer! I would suggest that you NOT breed him to cows with a Milk EPD any higher than what his is - +28. Breeding him to cows with higher Milk EPD's insidiously encourages his progeny to have minimal muscle development in the hindquarters; milk EPD's generally are just fine at +25 and no higher. The same thing goes for BW over breed averages (2.5). All other traits can be just fine, and higher milk, and negatgive BW EPD's sound wonderful!, but it results in lost muscle development, and funnel butts!

This guy is just fine. Choose his girl friends carefully!

DOC HARRIS

Doc, I am like you on his milk. It was higher than I want it to be. They are pushing the high milk #'s in the Assn. I disagree on that. I can see needing to improve on some of the cows, but not all the way across the board. The cows we have that are low milk #'s do give plenty of milk for their babies, and they are so much easier to maintain. The high milker's babies don't seem to be growing any faster than the low #'s.. But the cows are milking themselves to death. They look like totally different cows from loss of weight even on high percentage clover pasture.
Chuckie

Latest posts