120V diesel transfer pump

Help Support CattleToday:

Carrie

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I haven't posted in years, but still read and learn faithfully! Got a question. Santa wants to bring the mister a 120V diesel transfer pump for Christmas. We are not a big operation - it would probably get used once a week, and a bit more during planting/harvest season. I've been looking at the Fill-Rite FR610G and the Roughneck Cast Iron 24922, but am open to other suggestions. Does anyone have any experience with either of these pumps, or recommendations for others in this price range ($300-400) that might work well? Doesn't need to be super fast, just something to help our aging shoulders. I'm really out of my shopping "comfort zone" with this thing, lol!
Thank you,
Carrie

My experience with Fillrite has been very good with zero complaints.
2 year warranty on parts and labor on Mfg defects, but 99% of the time they replace it with a new pump.
I've seen them warranty things that wasn't a defect such as overheated motors do to clogged fuel filters, trash in fuel tanks and etc.

I have zero experience with the other brand, but the warranty is a concern for me

Can't go wrong with a Fill-rite. I've had very good luck with the Great Plains (GPI) pumps from TSC as well even though I was told to stay away from them...

I made my own out of a 1/2 horse motor and an old vane pump.. pumps out a 55 gallon drum in about 8 minutes with 10' of head and a filter.. I'm a cheap arse, this works well for me for now