12 volt fuel pumps

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Anyone use the cheaper pumps from TSC? Seen some Troy brand pumps on Ebay for $170, any experience with those? Only use a couple hundred gallons a year and looking to put one on a 100 gallon tank if I kind find one, too hard to get samll quanities delivered here as they want 200 or more to deliver. Thought about hauling a 100 at a time.

tom4018":1tnz4whq said:
Anyone use the cheaper pumps from TSC? Seen some Troy brand pumps on Ebay for $170, any experience with those? Only use a couple hundred gallons a year and looking to put one on a 100 gallon tank if I kind find one, too hard to get samll quanities delivered here as they want 200 or more to deliver. Thought about hauling a 100 at a time.

You might check with your fuel supplier. I'll bet he has pumps for competitive prices. I only use a hand pump. Got my 55 gal drum and hand pump from the supplier. Just paid a small deposit for the drum and bought the pump. Very reasonable prices. I welded a chain across the top of the drum. When I'm ready to refill; I use my fel hayspear thru the chain to load on my trailer. Use my cattle trailer to transport. That way I don't even need to secure my fuel drum in transit.

We use 15-30 gpm "Fill-Rite" brand pumps on our utility trucks. They will usually last 4 to 5 years. We get them from local auto parts stores and farm supply stores.

Bear

My hand cranker on the truck has started leaking around the shaft lately. I keep debating on whether to fix it or break down and buy a 12v unit. Putting a fancy new 12v on my old rusty steel L-tank would be like putting a $500 saddle on a $50 horse.

Latest posts