12% or 16% pellet what’s your thoughts

Help Support CattleToday:

TB is our "go to" on nutrition.
I will say, calves LIKE whole shell corn better, IMHO - or should say they like whole stuff better than powder/fines. So, it depends on if you can buy truly cracked corn cheap enough and it is not full of powder. WSC is 8% less efficient than cracked or process corn, so if it is less than 8% cheaper, you are money ahead. And fine ground feed can make them sick.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
TB is our "go to" on nutrition.
I will say, calves LIKE whole shell corn better, IMHO - or should say they like whole stuff better than powder/fines. So, it depends on if you can buy truly cracked corn cheap enough and it is not full of powder. WSC is 8% less efficient than cracked or process corn, so if it is less than 8% cheaper, you are money ahead. And fine ground feed can make them sick.
I added some ground feed to my ration last winter because I was feeding mostly trash hay. I tried small batch with soybean meal first my cows didn't like it wouldn't finish so I swapped and added cotton seed meal instead they tore it up I did that just as a protein bump and only gave 1lbs of cotton seed meal per head. No calves just grown cattle. I'm just gonna keep my eye in them if they seem to need it I'll put something out for them or if they start to bring the mommas down bad

Latest posts