12 month old bull

Help Support CattleToday:

KNERSIE

Reaction score
One of the bullcalves I posted in the bullpower thread 2 weeks ago. He is now 12 months old and posing nicely.

He's got 2 white spots on his back behind his withers so I guess I really ought to cull him to make the hereford genepool so much better (according to some experts)

100_5743.jpg

KNERSIE":dqrhjv7m said:
He's got 2 white spots on his back behind his withers so I guess I really ought to cull him to make the hereford genepool so much better (according to some experts)

Cull him to my place Harley. Nice bull

Good looking bull Knersie. From what I see in your pictures in the "bull power" thread, I like your young heifer bull a little better overall.

rocket2222":15bib4av said:
Good looking bull Knersie. From what I see in your pictures in the "bull power" thread, I like your young heifer bull a little better overall.

There really isn't much to choose between them phenotyopically. The heifer bull is out of an outstanding cow, this bull weaned the heaviest of all the calves out of a first calver. Growth and performance wise the heifer bull cannot compete with this bull, but I do think the heifer bull has the better head if you can look past the red cheek.

KNERSIE":2mkilytl said:
There really isn't much to choose between them phenotyopically. The heifer bull is out of an outstanding cow, this bull weaned the heaviest of all the calves out of a first calver. Growth and performance wise the heifer bull cannot compete with this bull, but I do think the heifer bull has the better head if you can look past the red cheek.

The red spot doesn't bother me a bit, I thought he looked a little smoother shouldered [ good for a heifer bull ] and had a little more spring of rib, just things I like to see, when they're good you can nitpick on the little stuff. :)

Latest posts