$12 Billion in Aid for Farmers

Help Support CattleToday:

Keep your $12 Billion Don Corleone - Cattle Today Users do not take Welfare.

ga.prime":2r30q0cb said:
Bright Raven":2r30q0cb said:
That is not good. Beef producers are going to bear the burden of the tariff wars. I hope The Don has an exit strategy. He seems to be spending too much time on Tweeting or whatever it is.
Exit strategy is putting farmers on welfare, but that won't apply to anybody on CattleToday because it's well documented how CattleToday people don't take handouts.

hurleyjd":19khl9bn said:
Caustic Burno":19khl9bn said:
sstterry":19khl9bn said:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/24/us/politics/farmers-aid-trade-war.html

Are we being taxed to pay ourselves because of the tariffs?

If that gets to you try being taxed to send foreign aide to the majority of countries in the world.
By the way most hate our guts.

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-glob ... story.html

You don't get it. Screw them that is American dollars that should go to Americans.
We have people in the Appalachians today without running water or electric service and we are sending money overseas.
My opinion is if you think it's so great write a check out of your account and mail it.

We have propped the entire world since WWII with money or military again screw them.

What always amazes me is the fact that the government is for balancing the budget because they have no money but can find billions when ever they need to. Also better stay out of the path of farmers wanting the 12 billion if you do not want to get run over. The big operators in my area are the first in line to vote GOP and in line to get any government handouts.

hurleyjd":rs5xux7c said:
What always amazes me is the fact that the government is for balancing the budget because they have no money but can find billions when ever they need to. Also better stay out of the path of farmers wanting the 12 billion if you do not want to get run over. The big operators in my area are the first in line to vote GOP and in line to get any government handouts.

And the liberals want to give it to anyone that won't work and are illegal.

Caustic Burno":3p51tggu said:
hurleyjd":3p51tggu said:
Caustic Burno":3p51tggu said:
If that gets to you try being taxed to send foreign aide to the majority of countries in the world.

You don't get it. Screw them that is American dollars that should go to Americans.
We have people in the Appalachians today without running water or electric service and we are sending money overseas.
My opinion is if you think it's so great write a check out of your account and mail it.

We have propped the entire world since WWII with money or military again screw them.

Israel is the second largest receiver of aid. They are pretty self sufficient let us cut them off first. Also the people in the Appalachians need to get educated and move to the developed parts of the USA.

I'm 100% with you CB.

It's wrong that we are taxed at all. This country used to operate off tariff income. It has been well over a century ago. And it could do it once again. Does no one study history? Government as it is today is not how things were intended to progress.

I'd take that "handout" without skipping a beat. I would be getting some of what was originally mine anyhow. Income taxes are a ******* joke. Our current government structure is unsustainable. So much pork I can smell the bacon from here.

Besides, look how unfair the tariff situation has been for decades. We have literally been propping up the world. Absolutely no reciprocation. That is all about to change. I am not preaching D or R. Both have sold us out. FOR DECADES...Once this pissing contest is over, we will all be better off. I firmly believe that.

Made in America!!!!!

ClinchValley":21a8uxxk said:
Besides, look how unfair the tariff situation has been for decades. We have literally been propping up the world. Absolutely no reciprocation. That is all about to change. I am not preaching D or R. Both have sold us out. FOR DECADES...Once this be nice contest is over, we will all be better off. I firmly believe that.

Made in America!!!!!

I don't believe it will turn out well. That is why Republicans are putting some distance between the President's tariff war and themselves. I hope I am wrong. What I expect is that the President will back out of this at some point, albeit, with egg on his face. This should have been done 30 years ago.

No sign any other country is capitulating. They are finding new markets. Not good!

Caustic Burno":2t1fy2z5 said:
hurleyjd":2t1fy2z5 said:
Caustic Burno":2t1fy2z5 said:

We have people in the Appalachians today without running water or electric service

This is really not true, there may be a few without electricity and no running water, but not many at all. Those that live that way do it by choice, not necessity. Although, I do agree with you on a lot of Foreign Aid and also subsidies to Oil Companies.

Bright Raven":2jrcdnll said:
ClinchValley":2jrcdnll said:
Besides, look how unfair the tariff situation has been for decades. We have literally been propping up the world. Absolutely no reciprocation. That is all about to change. I am not preaching D or R. Both have sold us out. FOR DECADES...Once this be nice contest is over, we will all be better off. I firmly believe that.

Made in America!!!!!

No sign any other country is capitulating. They are finding new markets. Not good!

Once other countries find new markets for goods, it is very very difficult to get them back.
And by the way, it is Congress that has the power to levy tariffs and not the President. He is doing this under the guise of "National Security". Please explain how Canada, Mexico, Japan, and our European allies are a threat to National Security?

I can see the argument for China, but why none on Russia?

ClinchValley":63bqrdct said:
hurleyjd":63bqrdct said:
Also the people in the Appalachians need to get educated and move to the developed parts of the USA.

Ridiculous statement.

You can thank NAFTA.

Not a ridiculous statement you need to come out of your little corner of the world and look around. You have no idea of the amount of jobs created by NAFTA. A lot of the agricultural production will be exported to Mexico. Mexico buys a lot of the pork production from America.

sstterry":37xazfis said:
Bright Raven":37xazfis said:
ClinchValley":37xazfis said:

Made in America!!!!!

Once other countries find new markets for goods, it is very very difficult to get them back.
And by the way, it is Congress that has the power to levy tariffs and not the President. He is doing this under the guise of "National Security". Please explain how Canada, Mexico, Japan, and our European allies are a threat to National Security?

This is a perfect setup for the Republican lawmakers. They had no hand in it so are sheltered from the fallout. Oh, my.

Bright Raven":1dn2o3tn said:
sstterry":1dn2o3tn said:
Bright Raven":1dn2o3tn said:

This is a perfect setup for the Republican lawmakers. They had no hand in it so are sheltered from the fallout. Oh, my.

I'm just a lil bitty tiny small business owner. But even I know there's customers that your better off letting your competition have.... :nod:

callmefence":3r7vw3jx said:
Bright Raven":3r7vw3jx said:
sstterry":3r7vw3jx said:

I'm just a lil bitty tiny small business owner. But even I know there's customers that your better off letting your competition have.... :nod:

True. This is much broader than the odd bad customer. The question I have is this: Does he have enough advantage over our trade partners to pull this off? If he does, he will be successful. If he don't, this could be another nail in the coffin.

Bright Raven":1e0m5rwc said:
callmefence":1e0m5rwc said:
Bright Raven":1e0m5rwc said:

True. This is much broader than the odd bad customer. The question I have is this: Does he have enough advantage over our trade partners to pull this off? If he does, he will be successful. If he don't, this could be another nail in the coffin.
And sadly, we are the ones in the coffin!