$12 Billion in Aid for Farmers

Help Support CattleToday:

bball":3ded17dx said:
Bright Raven":3ded17dx said:
Americans are under pressure:

1. Diminishing buying power due to decreasing real earnings.

2. Inflation due to an annual deficit that no one - D or R - is willing to rein in including the Don.

The result is - Americans must have cheap consumer goods from China and dinky third world countries. These goods are beginning to be more expensive than we realize because they are crap and capital expenditures are worn out before they can be depreciated.

We have dug a very deep hole.

This is a frighteningly accurate observation.

Brad

It takes the Congress and the President working together. While the tax cuts that were passed will spur the economy, they were not paid for. The treasury had to borrow money from China so Americans can get a tax cut. That is kicking the can down the road. The benefits of tax cuts are negated by the long term debt they create. It makes no sense to cut taxes when the nation is running a massive deficit. We keep going down the same road and expecting a different result. True Conservatism is dead.

Bright Raven":3fxujfno said:
bball":3fxujfno said:
Bright Raven":3fxujfno said:
Americans are under pressure:

1. Diminishing buying power due to decreasing real earnings.

2. Inflation due to an annual deficit that no one - D or R - is willing to rein in including the Don.

The result is - Americans must have cheap consumer goods from China and dinky third world countries. These goods are beginning to be more expensive than we realize because they are crap and capital expenditures are worn out before they can be depreciated.

We have dug a very deep hole.

Brad

It takes the Congress and the President working together. While the tax cuts that were passed will spur the economy, they were not paid for. The treasury had to borrow money from China so Americans can get a tax cut. That is kicking the can down the road. The benefits of tax cuts are negated by the long term debt they create. It makes no sense to cut taxes when the nation is running a massive deficit. We keep going down the same road and expecting a different result. True Conservatism is dead.

Of course fiscal conservatism is dead. Very few in our population are willing to make the personal sacrifices that a real solution to our deficit requires. Rich, poor and middle class alike. It is precisely kicking the can down the road. What is this 3 or 4 generations now.. That can sure has traveled a bit. Our political leaders have one aim; re-election. History has proven people vote with their pocket books. Not enough room at the fatted calf for everyone.
There are several issues at play here, not the least of which is the Fed. Lifestyle, life expectancy, decreased production, increased automation and technology, the mentality that MORE than life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is owed to an individual...i could go on but I should stop.

bball":1gvxvmav said:
Bright Raven":1gvxvmav said:
bball":1gvxvmav said:

Brad

Of course fiscal conservatism is dead. Very few in our population are willing to make the personal sacrifices that a real solution to our deficit requires. Rich, poor and middle class alike. It is precisely kicking the can down the road. What is this 3 or 4 generations now.. That can sure has traveled a bit. Our political leaders have one aim; re-election. History has proven people vote with their pocket books. Not enough room at the fatted calf for everyone.
There are several issues at play here, not the least of which is the Fed. Lifestyle, life expectancy, decreased production, increased automation and technology, the mentality that MORE than life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is owed to an individual...i could go on but I should stop.

The annual deficit and the accumulating national debt are two different functions to the same end. This is where I am a True Pessimist. I don't believe anyone has a solution. How it ends may not be pretty.

Bright Raven":372ktr5w said:
bball":372ktr5w said:
Bright Raven":372ktr5w said:
Brad

The annual deficit and the accumulating national debt are two different functions to the same end. This is where I am a True Pessimist. I don't believe anyone has a solution. How it ends may not be pretty.

Aye. Thank you for the separation/correction. I was quick to lump annual deficit with our debt. The one feeds the other, so i tend to lump them together. You get my point I'm certain.
It will end with a giant rainbow, passed from the lower bowels of a bipartisan unicorn that snorts pixie dust and expectorates Turkish delight!

hurleyjd":371s0fg0 said:
JMJ Farms":371s0fg0 said:
Bright Raven":371s0fg0 said:
What I expect is that the President will back out of this at some point, albeit, with egg on his face.

Right or wrong, his tractor doesn't have a reverse gear. Good steering wheel though. He may turn a little to the left or right but he's always headed to the end of the row. :nod:

Tractors need brakes to keep from running out of the field. Also may need a seat to keep him from losing his azz.

Brakes are not a necessity! Don will just buy the neighbor's field, doze thru the fence and keep right on trucking!

Latest posts