12 bales at a time...

Help Support CattleToday:

The most impressive part is everything holding up to those forces. That tractor rocked like a rocking horse when loaded. Thanks for sharing.

It looks cool but I'm trying to think of why. Maybe if your hauling it straight to the barn with the tractor. You'd have to have a smaller tractor stacking bales together

Farm Fence Solutions":2acnxw4u said:
You can drink way more beer if you haul them in two at a time.
Reminds me of what my brother once told me (years ago) when we were unloading sacks of feed. I was carrying 2 at a time.
"That says lots about you brother..it's a lazy man that won't make 2 trips......

Craig Miller":3rad15y8 said:
It looks cool but I'm trying to think of why. Marley if your hauling it straight to the barn with the tractor. You'd have to have a smaller tractor stacking bales together

I couldn't afford the seat replacement
if someone gave the rig to me.

greybeard":2burh0yd said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2burh0yd said:
Reminds me of what my brother once told me (years ago) when we were unloading sacks of feed. I was carrying 2 at a time.
"That says lots about you brother..it's a lazy man that won't make 2 trips......

If I'd been drinking beer, it woulda come out my nose.

Hmmm - wouldn't work out here. Too much moisture. We have to keep space between sides of bales. Round edge cannot touch each other, or the whole bales will rot.
Awwww, dang it. Thought my custom hay guy might want to buy this!!! LOL

ALACOWMAN":3d1tyb6h said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":3d1tyb6h said:
Hmmm - wouldn't work out here. Too much moisture.
During the summer months too ??
?? Don't know what you mean?
But, yes, we hardly have 3 full days of sunshine during the summer. Super difficult to put up dry hay/straw. If we set two bales side-by-side, the water follows the "round" of the bale & has no where to go except it soaks into the bales. If we set them tight end-to-end, then the water sheds off the bales (following the round).
No matter how much rain you got, all of it would end up IN the bale if they are touching round to round side.

I'm talking during hay season,,that's gotta be rough making hay...do they make a lot of baleage there ...sound like the perfect place for it..

Yup. Almost impossible to put 1st cutting dry.
"Most" farms in NY are dairy, and they put up haylage in silos & bunks & tubes.
The only dry hay we usually try to have made is 2nd cutting.
My custom hay guy was maybe the first in the state to get a wrapper (in-line).

greybeard":3cx3ikwh said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3cx3ikwh said:
My grandpa called it a lazy mans load.

Latest posts