10th day

Help Support CattleToday:

tjmdo

Reaction score
Ok. 4 cows given lute 10 days ago. Bred 1. Today is day 11 and I've given the 2nd lute shot. If I don't see standing heat breed at 80 hours? Will that work? That's what the lute says.

Yes, that is what it says. And, yes, they "could" get pregnant. But..... I hope your semen isn't very costly. First, Lut only works on cows/heifers that are already cycling. Did you have a vet check for a CL? or had you seen them standing prior to this breeding program? Have you been able to watch them really, really close? Could they have cycled and you didn't catch them?

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2nkgw252 said:
Yes, that is what it says. And, yes, they "could" get pregnant. But..... I hope your semen isn't very costly. First, Lut only works on cows/heifers that are already cycling. Did you have a vet check for a CL? or had you seen them standing prior to this breeding program? Have you been able to watch them really, really close? Could they have cycled and you didn't catch them?

I aggree, I think I would only inseminate what you catch standing and then wait a week and put cidrs in the balance,.

Ken

Latest posts