• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

10th day

Help Support CattleToday:

tjmdo

Reaction score
Ok. 4 cows given lute 10 days ago. Bred 1. Today is day 11 and I've given the 2nd lute shot. If I don't see standing heat breed at 80 hours? Will that work? That's what the lute says.

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
Yes, that is what it says. And, yes, they "could" get pregnant. But..... I hope your semen isn't very costly. First, Lut only works on cows/heifers that are already cycling. Did you have a vet check for a CL? or had you seen them standing prior to this breeding program? Have you been able to watch them really, really close? Could they have cycled and you didn't catch them?

wbvs58

Reaction score
Jeanne - Simme Valley":2nkgw252 said:
Yes, that is what it says. And, yes, they "could" get pregnant. But..... I hope your semen isn't very costly. First, Lut only works on cows/heifers that are already cycling. Did you have a vet check for a CL? or had you seen them standing prior to this breeding program? Have you been able to watch them really, really close? Could they have cycled and you didn't catch them?

I aggree, I think I would only inseminate what you catch standing and then wait a week and put cidrs in the balance,.

Ken

Latest posts