100% or ??

Help Support CattleToday:

Haven't thought about putting a bottle calf on her but I'm almost certain she would raise it and it doesn't seem to effect her body condition! There's 5 calves 4 months and under in with her and she has a 3 month bull herself but I've seen every calf in there nurse her atleast once and she's never pushed them away that I've seen! I call her Supa Ma!

What do yall think? Is this 100% jersey or a cross???? Shes a very good mama and let's any calf nurse anytime hers or not I've seen 2 on her at the same time and neither of them was hers. Just kinda curious as to what exactly she might be!?
Looks like she has some tiger stripe Braford in her to me. Which would be a great thing.

Got this heifer bred not sure what she was bred to but has a nice little heifer calf almost identical to her and doing a good job for her first time!

Attachments

• 20210707_164316.jpg
    20210707_164316.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
Ignore my 3/4 Jersey 1/4 angus post. I can't get the picture of her to post. She has an udder like a Holstein that hasn't been milked for 2 days, with my homo black bull she has always had a black calf. She doesn't let other calves cheat until her calf is older. Stays in great flesh

Here's another one of my mystery cows!
As everyone else has noted, the first cow pictured in your original post is definitely not purebred Jersey. She is definitely crossbred. Your pcitures of the other "mystery cows", I'd say the cow is part Hereford and part Shorthorn, but that is a bit of a guess on my part and based strictly on the markings. The calf, which is quite cute, likely has Pinzgauer in her. My family had a couple Pinzgauers when I was a kid so I recognize those color markings.

My guess is the original cow is from a Corriente mother and Red Angus bull. I am going by the location of the white markings
and she shows no indication of a Jersey type bag in my opinion. Rebred to a Red Angus bull she could throw a black, red,
black and white spotted or red and white spotted 3/4 red angus calf. Quality and disposition of the calf could be anywhere from wow to woe.

Latest posts