$100 cow

Help Support CattleToday:

Those look like jersey horns! She shore 'nuff ain't got noassitall either.
Is she bred? How's her bag?
Bags good I bought her she was thinner than she is now little La200 ivermectin and mineral she picked up she should be bred about 2 months now to my angus bull I haven't had her checked and she ain't cycled again so I figure she took

Had her alive for 3 months she's put on some weight since I bought her so we shall see
We can all do that if they are halfway healthy and got the time and money ....most like her are poor doers.when that calf pops out the weight goes down...I don't like having to spend money to save money.....I'm not being sarcastic ,and I wish you luck

I think it'll be really kool to see what she does!
Hope you keep us updated along the way. Especially interested in how she milks. I suspect she got some dairy in her background. But I suppose she could just be an ol skinny cow too! 😆

Pour the feed to her and sell her when she looks good.
I think it'll be really kool to see what she does!
Hope you keep us updated along the way. Especially interested in how she milks. I suspect she got some dairy in her background. But I suppose she could just be an ol skinny cow too! 😆
Them horns tell me she's probably got it in her. I'll grind her up before I sell her there's well over $100 in burger there

Pencil says no to pouring feed to cows. Grass mineral water and hay is about all mine are gonna get maybe a few cubes just to keep em used to a bucket
There's a long game and there's a short game. There is a lot of upside potential in that cow being fat in early spring opposed to maybe weaning a calf a year and a half frim now.

Looks like that cow trader Kenny were posting at the same time.

Per our conversation we're having in the other thread on costs to keep a cow, the only people I know in my area that truly make a living off of cattle are either traders that buy alot of cattle like this and add value to them , backgrounding guys, and those that are feeding cattle to finish, the cow/calf guys really just own welfare cattle. There are some making it work on cow/calf but most are just using it as a write off and compete to see who has the biggest check at the salebarn and prettiest cows and equipment, as stated in the other thread they aren't putting a pencil to it.

Up until 2020 i would buy hay during the summer then buy lightweight calves in september when they were cheap the sell them in may and would clear a little money. Since then i've been buying young bred cows and selling the 4 weight calves i don't keep and i break even but i gain a heifer or two. I don't have the land to take either model to a scale where i could make a real living.

Up until 2020 i would buy hay during the summer then buy lightweight calves in september when they were cheap the sell them in may and would clear a little money. Since then i've been buying young bred cows and selling the 4 weight calves i don't keep and i break even but i gain a heifer or two. I don't have the land to take either model to a scale where i could make a real living.
I raise 90% corriente cows but I do have a few unknowns or cheap bought second chance beef cows I bought some 3-4 year old open underweight angus type cows for $300-$325 a head last Monday run them through chute La200 ivermectin injectable put them on hay with mineral and a protein tub. I just picked up a lease place that they will call home soon as I know they will stay home not be fence hole hunters

Latest posts