1/4 Acre Pond/Fish

Help Support CattleToday:

Looking at the fence in the picture. It's made out of some type of synthetic material isn't it ? Used for horse's or looks ?
The fence is metal 2" x 4" rails with 4" x 4" post and goes around the yard. No horses here. The metal fence replaced a cedar post and rail fence that looked cool, but did not last. We started with a couple of hot wires with strips of old sheets. It's a yard fence that keep the cows off of the porch.

cedar rail fence.JPG

hot wire fence.JPG

The fence is metal 2" x 4" rails with 4" x 4" post and goes around the yard. No horses here. The metal fence replaced a cedar post and rail fence that looked cool, but did not last. We started with a couple of hot wires with strips of old sheets. It's a yard fence that keep the cows off of the porch.

View attachment 1983

View attachment 1984
That wooden rail fence did look good but, like most wood doesn't last long.

That fence looks good, my opinion better than the wood fence.

I am building a pipe fence. Did you build your metal fence, if so what kind of paint did you use ? Trying to find a paint/primer that will cover drill stem which is impossible to get all the rust off.

That wooden rail fence did look good but, like most wood doesn't last long.

That fence looks good, my opinion better than the wood fence.

I am building a pipe fence. Did you build your metal fence, if so what kind of paint did you use ? Trying to find a paint/primer that will cover drill stem which is impossible to get all the rust off.
Sorry, can't help with painting drill stem, I would leave it with that good looking rusty look. Once you start painting you will be painting it for the rest of your life.

Latest posts