1/2 semen interest angus bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

memanpa

Reaction score
i have a chance to purchase 2 angus bulls
gar ext 498 and rito 616 of 4b20 6807
both of them 50% semen and full possesion!
who is resposible for collecting the 1/2 semen rights, and at what periods?
both bulls are being run on cows in pasture and breeding cows on a regular basis,
opinions??

also dun mor new level 5755 bred pasture to gar ext 498
dun mor lady jewel 616 5804 bred "" "" "" ""
last one is
dun mor precise 4745 bred to ss decator 55 h

oh by the way this is at auction and would likie some kind of a price to expect to pay!

if all you have to offer is smart a$$ed remarks keep them to your self, i want HONEST and knowledgable responses not the garbage some of you want to spout!!!

Get ready to spend some money on marketing if you plan to sell semen.

Anyone could keep the books.

The price will be dependent on how marketable the semen is.

Talk about it with the owners beforehand and get an idea of how it will work.

You never know until you try.

Good luck.

GAR, Werhman, and Donnell sell all or most at 1/2 semen interest and full possesion. Does not really mean they intend to collect. I think GAR put a disclaimer why. Something like "very few bulls really get collected and mrketed, we keep the 1/2 interest in case some are discovered later in life." Does not make the bull worth any less or more. From what I hear it is not a money making deal unless you have something spectacular. And in most cases you preaty much lose possesion of your bull to colllect alot of semen. All depends on how you set up the contract.

memanpa":14sv5epg said:
i have a chance to purchase 2 angus bulls
gar ext 498 and rito 616 of 4b20 6807
both of them 50% semen and full possesion!
who is resposible for collecting the 1/2 semen rights, and at what periods?
both bulls are being run on cows in pasture and breeding cows on a regular basis,
opinions??

also dun mor new level 5755 bred pasture to gar ext 498
dun mor lady jewel 616 5804 bred "" "" "" ""
last one is
dun mor precise 4745 bred to ss decator 55 h

oh by the way this is at auction and would likie some kind of a price to expect to pay!

if all you have to offer is smart a$$ed remarks keep them to your self, i want HONEST and knowledgable responses not the garbage some of you want to spout!!!
What is your plans for whichever one that you should buy? Selling semen, breeding or what?

They should explain at the sale exactly what sharing semen interests in a bull means. If they don't, ask them, or don't buy the bull. Some of the big operations routinely retain a percentage in the bulls, just in case a bull turns out to be a world beater. The ones I've seen sell, the seller reserves the right to collect the bull at his own expense and at a time convenient for the buyer. But before you buy a bull like that, make sure you understand exactly what's expected of you. I know people who won't even consider a bull sold under those conditions.

The price you will have to pay depends on the quality of the bull, the demand for Angus bulls in your area, condition of the bulls, age, etc.

If you get a chance, let us know how the sale went. Good luck....

Latest posts