07 Show String

Help Support CattleToday:

Richburg

Reaction score
heres a couple of my calves that i will be showing in the next year...hope you like em'

Jan ACF New Design 2024 Angus heifer
DSC_0070.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG

March Hannibal Chi heifer
DSC_0077.JPG

June crossbred steer
DSC_0081.JPG

DSC_0082.JPG

Wow! I like 'em all. I think that they should do very well for you in the upcomming year!

Good Luck :D

They look great! I like the depth of body and the maturity (broodiness) of the angus heifer, but I'd be wary of her tailhead. I like the length of the chi heifer but she looks a little coarse in the shoulder. I think the steer is probably the weakest of the three, but he looks to have length. Good luck with them and keep us posted. :)

I really like them all, they still have some time to go it looks and they will only get best over time. GOOD LUCK

Keren":1k4pd9vu said:
They look great! I like the depth of body and the maturity (broodiness) of the angus heifer, but I'd be wary of her tailhead. I like the length of the chi heifer but she looks a little coarse in the shoulder. I think the steer is probably the weakest of the three, but he looks to have length. Good luck with them and keep us posted. :)

I concur.

WOW! I like the fit job lol. Richburg your a half breed that couldn't find his way out of a wet paper bag witha pair of sheepheads! :lol:

I love the heifers the Angus is my favorite, but please don't bring the March to Jr Nat. I have a heifer in that class ;-) She's not as long as your's but she's a bit bigger framed.

I really like the heifers, especially the Angus. How have you done with her so far?

well she went to 2 shows before our county fair and won her class at both...at those 2 shows she beat out some really good clubby heifers and some real nice shorthorn heifers. 8)

then we took her to our county fair (Where i am not liked to well) and she got beat by a junkie beefmaster.(now there are good beefmasters out there but this one was definately not good) :mad:

then we took er to another show where she beat out a clubby heifer that with out a doubt was worth over 5 thousand dollars in my mind

next show the judge had judged at our county fair and he definately didnt like me at all....he placed the angus 6 behind some ugly heifers and my chi heifer was third when she with out a doubt should have won the class

All well prepared. All look like Angus.Should do ok.What cross in your steer?

not exactly sure about his sire most likely and angus x Maine x Chi cross

the guy had turned out three bulls on his cows but he never got to getting a blood test......all three bulls have sired some champions over the U.S.

Why are you not well liked because of the quality of your cattle or is it just you

Rich,I have seen here in Australia a judge get a set on a breeders cattle and place them down the line. They soon come unstuck when you give your cattle to someone else to lead or at the next show and the next show you do very well. Their credibility soon goes down. As long as you are happy with what you are doing and proud of your cattle that's all that matters.

Nice cattle, I love that Angus heifer, awesome depth!

Australian Cattleman":25x8ymsc said:
Rich,I have seen here in Australia a judge get a set on a breeders cattle and place them down the line. They soon come unstuck when you give your cattle to someone else to lead or at the next show and the next show you do very well. Their credibility soon goes down. As long as you are happy with what you are doing and proud of your cattle that's all that matters.

And yeah unfortunately that does happen down here.

Why are you not well liked because of the quality of your cattle or is it just you

well most people down in this county revolve around the florida type cattle (eared cattle as most would call it) and when people like me buy the more showy cattle from up north and bring them down and show them.....the county breeders get mad because they cant compete with the show animals

i won the steer show in nov 2005 and ever since then i havent won a thing

it could also be because the guy i buy all my animals from isnt like to much either......plus with the help of my brother with fitting, clipping, and feedingthe show officials say its not fair because other kids cant have that...... our barn director is all about fairness and ethics

im definately happy with my cattle ....i go to jackpots shows and finish at the top of my class almost evertime......so when i go to county fair and get beat it definately shows the fairs true colors

Good luck to you, I know what your talking about That how my FFA charpter is Almost everyone won'ts eared cattle because they do better in Tx, well there are somethings called fans and haired cattle can just as good or better it just takes a lot more work.But really it just a joke between me and the ag tearcher son because he shows Amer's and I show Maines and when it comes to my cattle EVERY HAIR has its place. Plus I get broad with eared cattle you can only brush on them so much, so if you not working for hair it pointless. Don't get me wrong for people who raise and show AmerX cattle there nothing wrong with them but I'm just not one of those people who won't to show them. So good luck the calves look good. At least I do live in Tx Vs. FL so just keep the fans on.

Latest posts