05 Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Help Support CattleToday:

You are partly right Flaboy. Some insider information from a few years stated that the engine manufacturers saw the proposed legislation from the government, vis a vis new emissions regs and said 'that can't happen without EGR which can't happen without low sulphur fuel'.

So voila, we now have low sulphur fuel and more expensive engines.

Rod

That's too much of a coincidence for me. I don't know the particulars of that motor but it sounds like the air is overpressurized.

cfpinz

In Australia weve had low sulphur diesel for about 10 yrs now and the first thing that happens is the O rings in fuel pumps start failing . Constant complaint ,they bring em in and we replace the O rings and away they go.

Well, here we go again. Wiring harness caught on fire yesterday on passenger side and burnt clear up into the engine compartment.
Pulled back into the house to survey the damage and started the truck up again and antifreeze and oil came flowing out of the exhaust pipe.[/b]

Well, Ford has offered to A.) Put a new engine/wiring harness in the truck or B.) Buy the truck back from me. I'm waiting on them ot tell me what they'll give me for it. 37800 miles, it's under warranty, ask pinz what kind of truck this is. I spent three months putting this truck together. Stretched the frame, hitches, TV for the kids, stereo system, plow, safety lights 11' utility body.

THey bought a pickup back from me, it was an '03 and they only deducted 22cents per mile that I put on the truck. They refunded tags, taxes, everything and ONLY deducted 22cents per mile that I had put on the truck. What burns me is that they don't appreciate that this truck is my living, without I'm screwed. I went and bought a used F350 yesterday because we are having to feed hay now and I have to have a truck so I did what I had to do.

Herefordcross":1yjrp20w said:
What burns me is that they don't appreciate that this truck is my living, without I'm screwed.

I can understand that Herefordcross. But, if it screwed you so bad, why not make them put a different engine in it so you could keep the "other" custom trinkets you have already outfitted the unit with?

It is good to see that the dealership realized they were dealing with a lemon.