04 chevy 2500HD duramax standard trans. HELP

Help Support CattleToday:

alabama

Reaction score
Does anyone else have the duramax with standard trans? I am having trouble with the flywheel comming apart.

alabama":3u987u4y said:
Does anyone else have the duramax with standard trans? I am having trouble with the flywheel comming apart.
not many standards out there weve only sold one too the JD dealer and advised em againts it, we put 3 or 4 clutch asm's in it before it had 10k on it, dual stage flywheel what kind of loads are you pulling with it

I bought it with 60,000 miles and it was not long until I thought it was skipping. It turns out the multi stage fly wheel was failing.
I have been pulling cattle with a 20 foot trailer and hay with a 28 foot trailer. The Chevy place just put a flywheel in it but it was no longer under warranty so I had to pay. However, this repair is warranted for 12 months or 12,000 miles.
I like this truck a lot as it is very strong but if I can't keep a flywheel in it I don't know what I am going to do.

alabama":3o3v2tzq said:
I bought it with 60,000 miles and it was not long until I thought it was skipping. It turns out the multi stage fly wheel was failing.
I have been pulling cattle with a 20 foot trailer and hay with a 28 foot trailer. The Chevy place just put a flywheel in it but it was no longer under warranty so I had to pay. However, this repair is warranted for 12 months or 12,000 miles.
I like this truck a lot as it is very strong but if I can't keep a flywheel in it I don't know what I am going to do.
ill try and see if any bulleltins on it...the JD dealer pulled dozers and all kinds of heavy equipment with theirs

When I took this truck to a Chevy dealer for the repair, they looked it up. The flywheel was replaced twice under warranty. Once at 6,000 miles and again at I think 14,000 miles. I bought it with 60,000 miles and I now have 66,000 miles on it.
The Chevy place has warranted this last repair for 12,000 miles or one year.

alabama":3qs8417g said:
When I took this truck to a Chevy dealer for the repair, they looked it up. The flywheel was replaced twice under warranty. Once at 6,000 miles and again at I think 14,000 miles. I bought it with 60,000 miles and I now have 66,000 miles on it.
The Chevy place has warranted this last repair for 12,000 miles or one year.
yep thats right on GM customer pay,, ,,,parts and labor..

Get ahold of Peter at South Bend Clutch (www.southbendclutch.com) and tell him whats going on. They've made dual stage flywheel conversions for years for the Ford. I don't know if they have anything for the Chev, but they may be able to adapt something over for you. Converting to a solid flywheel is going to be your only chance at holding things together...

Latest posts