“FREE” Hay

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms

Reaction score
Been thinking about the ones of y'all that are having drought problems. We've been getting more than our share of rain here and grass is good. Most of you are a good ways from me. I can get some hay baled up if any of you can figure a way to make hauling feasible. It will cost me $20 (I have to pay someone else) for a 4x6 roll. You cover the $20 and freight and I will load it for free. If this will help anyone and you can make it work let me know. I can probably come up with 200-300 rolls maybe more depending on the rain.

I'm in middle Georgia.

Your a good man. I feel bad for those guys too, I know how it feels. 2016 sucked bad for us.

jehosofat":2kiz8864 said:
Your a good man. I feel bad for those guys too, I know how it feels. 2016 sucked bad for us.

I've been there before as well. But probably not quite to the extent that some of these members are. When you are feeding hay in July bc it's so dry you know you're in a mess. I was just trying to figure a way to lend a hand. But I'm afraid the freight costs will make it cost prohibitive.

M-5":13e7nka2 said:
Might want to check local regulations , last year during the fires the states would not accept hay from certain areas , iirc be nice were one reason.

Dash you're gonna have to fill in the "be nice" somehow. I'm a little slow and haven't figured out what you are saying.

JMJ Farms":r2wl6qrv said:
M-5":r2wl6qrv said:
Might want to check local regulations , last year during the fires the states would not accept hay from certain areas , iirc be nice were one reason.

Dash you're gonna have to fill in the "be nice" somehow. I'm a little slow and haven't figured out what you are saying.
arseholes or barstards perhaps?

You guys have blown me away trying to understand the gibberish, code, whatever it is.

JMJ I have a central Texas www friend who asked me about some. Will forward this to him. Very kind of you sir.

On freight, a 48' trailer will hold 8 pairs plus 7 on top for 23 rolls. At $20 to purchase and $20 to ship that's $40 a roll for about 1200# of hay, a very reasonable price for someone in dire straights. 1200x23 = 26k#, not a weight problem.

Texasmark":yia35tjk said:
You guys have blown me away trying to understand the gibberish, code, whatever it is.

JMJ I have a central Texas www friend who asked me about some. Will forward this to him. Very kind of you sir.

On freight, a 48' trailer will hold 8 pairs plus 7 on top for 23 rolls. At $20 to purchase and $20 to ship that's $40 a roll for about 1200# of hay, a very reasonable price for someone in dire straights. 1200x23 = 26k#, not a weight problem.

FIRE ANTS

It seems that the state of Texas and Oklahoma is prejudiced against our fire-ants because in 17 during the wildfires there were a lot of hay donations that could not go west because of this.

Very generous jmj. With so many without rain you can probably save someone.
We are in dire straights. We lost 17 acres of our first cutting due to a unfortunate accident. And it hasn't rained enough to count since. To bad Georgia is so far.
I've been successful in trading some fence for enough Milo to get by. In fact I can probably hook up anyone around with the farmer raising it. There's about 400 acres of it. He's gonna bale what gets spoken for. Can deal directly with him. Good honest man.

Fwiw. A semi load should be about 32 rolls. There's no way I can see getting it from Georgia to Texas at 20.00 a roll frieght.

callmefence":14hd82hn said:
Very generous jmj. With so many without rain you can probably save someone.
We are in dire straights. We lost 17 acres of our first cutting due to a unfortunate accident. And it hasn't rained enough to count since. To bad Georgia is so far.
I've been successful in trading some fence for enough Milo to get by. In fact I can probably hook up anyone around with the farmer raising it. There's about 400 acres of it. He's gonna bale what gets spoken for. Can deal directly with him. Good honest man.

Fwiw. A semi load should be about 32 rolls. There's no way I can see getting it from Georgia to Texas at 20.00 a roll frieght.

It will be closer to 80.00 a roll based on some freight loads I have moved recently but everything is a negotiation.

Nice guy, thinking about others...most people are about me me me me. Those 4x6 rolls are big heavy rolls and it might be worth it to somebody to save their herd another year. Some people have transportation their-selves or can get it hauled at a good rate.

JMJ Farms":3h3ahbep said:
Been thinking about the ones of y'all that are having drought problems. We've been getting more than our share of rain here and grass is good. Most of you are a good ways from me. I can get some hay baled up if any of you can figure a way to make hauling feasible. It will cost me $20 (I have to pay someone else) for a 4x6 roll. You cover the $20 and freight and I will load it for free. If this will help anyone and you can make it work let me know. I can probably come up with 200-300 rolls maybe more depending on the rain.

I'm in middle Georgia.
You'd make a mighty fine neighbor. Blessings. :nod:

Texasmark":2kh4kgwo said:

Apparently those in charge are so sensitive that certain arrangements of letters cause them great strife - to the point they need to change another adults word usage.

Latest posts