What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett":q3jm7oi8 said:
Jogeephus":q3jm7oi8 said:
To have to give up Blue Bell seems awfully harsh. Surely there is a medicine out there that could counter a bowl or two a week. Shyt, we put a man on the moon for heavens sake.
....and chocolate chip cookies, dewberry cobbler, pecan pie...... :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: So sad, can't even enjoy potatoes, corn, rice or pasta without spiking the glucose.

Exercise, exercise, exercise. They tell me. Showed the doc my glucose log and the way a day of fence work (pretty sure that classifies as exercise) spikes the my glucose too.
My docs told me to get plenty of exercise too, especially walking but also explicitly said NOT to exercise just for the purpose of lowering glucose.
If it's lean, and your cholesterol is ok, you can eat all the beef you want, and fish. They want me to eat broiled or baked chicken. I refuse to.

ohiosteve":6eey9pz9 said:
Soaked em in salt water for an hour then fried in butter with some chunked up longhorn meat with some greens and carrots and homemade salsa man that was good

Morels? You are lucky to have those. We have very few edible mushrooms here. Most will either kill you or make you see unicorns and aliens.

Yes Joe there are lots of morels around here. Friend of mine found hundreds this weekend. There is a very small window of time to find them and I am not good at finding them but really good at eating them.

Breakfast I had forgot to post 10 scrambled eggs cheese and sea salt

IMG_20170420_212416814_zpss0we9tzx.jpg

ohiosteve":20sblvdt said:
Soaked em in salt water for an hour then fried in butter with some chunked up longhorn meat with some greens and carrots and homemade salsa man that was good

Nice! I spent quite a bit of time last year looking for morels. Never did find any, I'm in northern Pa and it seems they quit growing about 40 miles south of me. Never ate one, always wanted to try.

millstreaminn":2lcdnv4j said:

Thanks. I'm a little to far south for them. We have oysters and a few others but the others look so similar to poisonous ones I'm scared to mess with them. I love mushrooms but I'm to ignorant to collect them safely.

Just got done sharing McDonald's 2 for $3 double cheeseburger & fries. :hide: forgot to mention the diet coke

millstreaminn":i38gvlzy said:
Looks good. Better than what I passed on in South Africa. I wouldn't even know how to cook them.

Bonus with that is you wouldn't need a tooth pick.

Um, how would they eat them? In a soup or stew?

First soup for the winter season here even though it has not been that cold yet, a little chilly in the evenings and early mornings but fine temps during the day. It was delicious :D
Soup_zps5hj0yi5d.jpg