Sillco - a Brangus question

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Now that you reside in Wisconsin do you still raise Brangus cattle? I know the Brangus breed association claims that they grow enough hair to make it in the cold weather experienced in many places up north, but is that really the case? If you have any Brangus now, how are they handling the cold weather? Do you have to provide them with any more substantial shelter from the elements than you would any of the British breeds exposed to the same weather?

Hello:
Well Brangus cattle have Angus in there background and there going to have a great hair coat no matter where there going to be raised at.

Even here in the Desert Southwest we can get a spell of cold and bad winter weather and Brangus cattle do pull thur.

LS":lp46rp2i said:
Hello:
Well Brangus cattle have Angus in there background and there going to have a great hair coat no matter where there going to be raised at.

Even here in the Desert Southwest we can get a spell of cold and bad winter weather and Brangus cattle do pull thur.
Say what???? :?

Anonymous":181xxz72 said:
Now that you reside in Wisconsin do you still raise Brangus cattle? I know the Brangus breed association claims that they grow enough hair to make it in the cold weather experienced in many places up north, but is that really the case? If you have any Brangus now, how are they handling the cold weather? Do you have to provide them with any more substantial shelter from the elements than you would any of the British breeds exposed to the same weather?
cold weather will be no reason to change of breed in this case

Latest posts