Roll Tide

Help Support CattleToday:

As some of you know, my daughter goes to Alabama. She and her friends are just devastated....lol!
By the way, that elephant was hanged about 60 miles from me in a small town called Erwin Tn.

.....there may still be a way to squeeze Alabama in the playoffs. The committee is examining any possible way to make that happen as I post this :lol2:

Not this year is right. Alabama has not beaten a team this year that was ranked in the top 25 the day they played.
I'm not a fan of memphis at all but I really believe Memphis is better than their #17 ranking indicates. Certainly not 'top 5 better' but probably better than most of the #8 thru 16 teams ranked ahead of them, and maybe even better that Baylor. I do not see any real way for Baylor to get in either. I don't think they will beat Okla and no 2 loss team has ever made it in to the 4 team championship playoff. Utah tho, has a legit claim if they do really well against Oregon, even if Ga squeaks by LSU.
Until next Saturday's games, CFB officially looks like this.

1. Ohio State (12-0)
2. LSU (12-0)
3. Clemson (12-0)
4. Georgia (11-1)
5. Utah (11-1)
6. Oklahoma (11-1)
7. Baylor (11-1)
8. Wisconsin (10-2)
9. Florida (10-2)
10. Penn State (10-2)
11. Auburn (9-3)
12. Alabama (10-2)
13. Oregon (10-2)
14. Michigan (9-3)
15. Notre Dame (10-2)
16. Iowa (9-3)
17. Memphis (11-1)
18. Minnesota (10-2)
19. Boise State (11-1)
20. Cincinnati (10-2)
21. Appalachian State (11-1)
22. USC (8-4)
23. Virginia (9-3)
24. Navy (9-2)
25. Oklahoma State (8-4)
26. Wisconsin, coming off

Geez, it was a joke! :shock: :roll:
Time to expand to a 16 team playoff, then maybe Alabama could find it's way back in... :hide:

clarification: also a joke!

bball said:
Time to expand to a 16 team playoff, then maybe Alabama could find it's way back in... :hide:

I'm not sure 16 teams isn't too much. That's a 4 game playoff, on top of a full schedule, with some teams playing a championship game. You're looking at a 17 game schedule, and honestly, I'm not sure that is OK physically for a vast majority of kids that won't go anywhere past this. I'd like to see it expanded to 8 teams. There's no reason that 8 teams is too much to ask. I know, that's only one less game, but it's still one less game. And over the course of a 4 year career, that would be 4 potential extra games instead of 8.

Bestoutwest said:
bball said:

I'm not sure 16 teams isn't too much. That's a 4 game playoff, on top of a full schedule, with some teams playing a championship game. You're looking at a 17 game schedule, and honestly, I'm not sure that is OK physically for a vast majority of kids that won't go anywhere past this. I'd like to see it expanded to 8 teams. There's no reason that 8 teams is too much to ask. I know, that's only one less game, but it's still one less game. And over the course of a 4 year career, that would be 4 potential extra games instead of 8.
Yep, 8 team playoff with P5 conference champions automatically in regardless of record. Then top rated G5 team and two at large bids. As things sit now, the conference championships don't necessarily mean anything, no need to play them. Take B1G this year, Wisconsin vs. Ohio State, neither team benefits from winning. Also every team should play 9 conference games so teams don't schedule 4 cupcakes to pad their resume.

TN stole their defensive coach and the tide defense has not been the same since. The Vols look to go bowling on New Years day this year. Go big orange.

ChrisB said:
Yep, 8 team playoff with P5 conference champions automatically in regardless of record. Then top rated G5 team and two at large bids. As things sit now, the conference championships don't necessarily mean anything, no need to play them. Take B1G this year, Wisconsin vs. Ohio State, neither team benefits from winning. Also every team should play 9 conference games so teams don't schedule 4 cupcakes to pad their resume.

I agree with all of this except the 9 conference games. Here in the SEC we beat each other up like no other conference.

jltrent said:
TN stole their defensive coach and the tide defense has not been the same since. The Vols look to go bowling on New Years day this year. Go big orange.

We also took Georgia's Offensive Coordinator. Just look at their offensive production this year as opposed to last. I would argue that UT has one of the better staff's in the Country.

sstterry said:
jltrent said:

We also took Georgia's Offensive Coordinator. Just look at their offensive production this year as opposed to last. I would argue that UT has one of the better staff's in the Country.
It is good to get good coaches and even better to steal them from competition. It will take some good recruiting classes yet, but I believe the Big Orange is on its way back.

shirtdesign.5d7b31be0cd7c.jpg

LSU vs Okla
Ohio St vs Clemson

If LSU wins their semi, (-11 right now) they will be playing for the championship in their own backyard (New Orleans)

Good games coming...,

Would have been nice to see a U of Tx vs TAMU matchup in the Texas Bowl (Houston) but isn't going to happen. Texas Bowl looks like will be TxA&M vs OK St and Texas vs ND in the 'Camping World Bowl..