Muzzleloading season

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Deer are acting different this year taking the opposite trails as they normally do season is really weird so far I did smoke a 8 pntr yesterday evening so I won't starve.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
skyhightree1 said:
Deer are acting different this year taking the opposite trails as they normally do season is really weird so far I did smoke a 8 pntr yesterday evening so I won't starve.

Pics please.

Nothing big I'm still working on the pic thing but here's a video I did

https://youtu.be/tYGSDS6od0o

I know it's hunting season, there were quite a few out for bow season, muzzleloader was in and now rifle is in. I don't hunt, used to do a little, but all the deer I ever get are with the vehicle.
Did see something I have never seen, all the years in farming, around and in the woods/fields. A young buck was following a doe the other day, right into the middle of one of our 10+ acre hayfields. All of a sudden she stopped, and he mounted her right there, in the middle of the field, at about 11 a.m.. Okay, I know they breed and all, but have never seen it and he had absolutely no care for anything except that female right there at that time. I always believed and was told, that they would prefer to be more "hidden" when actually breeding. Just thought it was odd. Then, in a couple minutes, they were loping off towards the end of the field and into the scrub.

Saw 5 dead on the interstate the other day, headed south in a 50 mile stretch. Then saw 7 on the northbound side about 2 hours later. The VDOT crews have been putting in alot of time just picking up deer kills along the road. We seem to have an over abundance. Sure hope the hunters get a whole bunch this year ; I hit and rolled one the other day, but it got up and ran off, wasn't going fast and it didn't do more than crack the lens of the signal light on the truck. But I hit at least 1 a year ( or rather they mostly all run into me)

Latest posts