Charolette/ Angus cross heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Tomcolvin

Reaction score
I've posted about this cow before but now am more concerned about her. She is huge and I think she is pregnant. She has been having a dirty back end from switching her tail back and to and it marks her hips. Her being white makes it show up more. She eats good and has good weight am I think she is pregnant and should be calving any day now. Friday I notice her vulva was swollen and reddish looking. I first thought she was coming in heat. She slowly moves around the pasture and she's the one that taught my 6 month old angus how to eat feed and hay.(the one I earlier posted about that I just bought and she jumped the coral) I took pics of her but the photos just doesn't show how huge she is. I would take different pics but they made her look smaller. I would guess her weight now at about 1400 pounds. If I can get a shot of her rear end this evening I will attach it later to this thread.

Did you expose her to a bull? She looks pregnant. I'd recommend you get those cows on a calving schedule so you know what's going on.

holm25 said:
Did you expose her to a bull? She looks pregnant. I'd recommend you get those cows on a calving schedule so you know what's going on.

I agree it would have helped but I had some pasture issues that worked out now, I hope.

Tomcolvin said:
holm25 said:

I agree it would have helped but I had some pasture issues that worked out now, I hope.

Yes she was exposed to a bull in early this year, March maybe, but when I got her she was said to be exposed but it never happen. I did no test to see.

Latest posts