What's hybrid vigor? This baby is PUREBRED ANGUS!

Help Support CattleToday:

CattleMan1920

Reaction score
Only 134 days old in the video.

Imagine, she won't be weaned for almost another 3 months, and this is the dam's first calf, AND she is bred back to SAV America 8018 right now.

She qualifies, and has the CAB "Targeting the Brand" logo as well. Translated, carcass maker.

SAV Elation is the sire.

http://bit.ly/2O1auBq

Wean her in 71 days James. Then get her bred to a lowline angus bull.😎😉
Seriously though, she's a nice calf so far. You want to see a dandy calf? Get your hands on a quality Simm bull, cross them up and let hybrid vigor show you what its capable of.🤩

I haven't seen the hybrid vigor people praise so much, neither have I see the inbreeding depression they abhor.. Good cows make good calves.

100 days old

bball said:
Wean her in 71 days James. Then get her bred to a lowline angus bull.😎😉
Seriously though, she's a nice calf so far. You want to see a dandy calf? Get your hands on a quality Simm bull, cross them up and let hybrid vigor show you what its capable of.🤩

I'm gonna have to wean one off at 205 that is over 1200 to prove a point. LOL!

Nesikep said:
I haven't seen the hybrid vigor people praise so much, neither have I see the inbreeding depression they abhor.. Good cows make good calves.

100 days old

Darn nice calf you have there 💪👏👏👏

Nesikep said:

100 days old

It might not show up in the form of 5 legs or 3 eyes,or other genetic defects or abnormalities ,but in poor performance..you can get in a rut never realize it...which in my herd I'm keeping a eye on..cause Ive been doing some..

************* said:
ALACOWMAN said:
************* said:
Yes, total b.s
I can see you have never done any crossbreeding..

All the cross bred cattle around me are small compared to what I'm producing. Why would I think otherwise?
Maybe you can find some pictures of crossbred cattle owned by other folks to post for us. :lol:

************* said:
ALACOWMAN said:
************* said:
Yes, total b.s

All the cross bred cattle around me are small compared to what I'm producing. Why would I think otherwise?
[/quot

What would your cattle look like if they were managed like commercial cattle? This is the issue myself and other commercial breeders have experienced. The cattle will perform with enough feed but fall apart when they have to work for a living.

Hybrid Vigor doesn't exists they said, don't crossbreed they said.

25104342678_734394271a_h.jpg

Nuff said.

Ebenezer said:
************* said:
ALACOWMAN said:

Maybe you can find some pictures of crossbred cattle owned by other folks to post for us. :lol:

Ask BR. I'm not sure people would want me posting photos of what I see.

Latest posts