Older Branding pic

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver

Reaction score
This pic is kinda special to me. My neighbour took it at one of our brandings many years ago and today I took a photo of her photo. It's getting kinda faded and I did what I could to spruce it up but it's not like it once was. The fella in the picture was my dad's hired hand and one thing he could do really well was wrestle calves. Catching by the head is not normal procedure here, but sometimes we do it when unbranded calves are hard to find or just for the excitement of it lol. I may or may not have been the guilty party in this case. Anyway, Wally (the calf wrestler in the pic) has been deceased for several years now but when I think of him I always think of him in the branding pen.

28a1gt1.jpg

snoopdog said:
An ear and a flank, yep, he knew how to do it. Thank you sir.
Being a old calf roper.he's not got the ear, its the end of the rope..broke my leg years ago flanking one ..big calf, lost my balance and fell backward and calf landed on my shin,broke it clean into..

Almost looks like he is wearing cleats in that pic.
:tiphat: to Wally🍻

ALACOWMAN said:
snoopdog said:
Being a old calf roper.he's not got the ear, its the end of the rope..broke my leg years ago flanking one ..big calf, lost my balance and fell backward and calf landed on my shin,broke it clean into..

Ouch!
Did you just walk it off? :p

ALACOWMAN said:
snoopdog said:
I see it now

Latest posts