Deer Valley....

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.
TNRiver
Cowhand
Cowhand

Deer Valley....

Post by TNRiver » Fri May 17, 2019 8:42 am

Anybody going to the DVF sale tomorrow? Looks to be a pretty stellar offering...

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Deer Valley....

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Fri May 17, 2019 8:45 am

TNRiver wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:42 am
Anybody going to the DVF sale tomorrow? Looks to be a pretty stellar offering...
I wasn't aware they were having a sale tomorrow but I've been to 3 previous sales at DVF and last fall I bought 3 bulls from them. They run a top notch operation and their service is excellent.

Good luck and enjoy the sale!

TT
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

TNRiver
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by TNRiver » Fri May 17, 2019 8:55 am

I actually won't be attending the sale..I am going to pick up some Hereford heifers I have bought instead!! :D :D :D

I just saw the sale book on AAA and was very impressed. If you haven't seen it, you should definitely check it out!

TNRiver
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by TNRiver » Fri May 17, 2019 9:01 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:45 am
TNRiver wrote:
I wasn't aware they were having a sale tomorrow but I've been to 3 previous sales at DVF and last fall I bought 3 bulls from them. They run a top notch operation and their service is excellent.

TT
I have heard nothing but good things about DVF. Apparently, they have decided to sale every female they have over 3 years old between this sale and the fall sale... some pretty big time donors and herd builders for sale, at least in my opinion.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Fri May 17, 2019 9:17 am

TNRiver wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:01 am
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
TNRiver wrote:

TT
I have heard nothing but good things about DVF. Apparently, they have decided to sale every female they have over 3 years old between this sale and the fall sale... some pretty big time donors and herd builders for sale, at least in my opinion.
Oh wow! That's a heck of an opportunity. I wish I were more liquid at the moment.

TNRiver
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by TNRiver » Fri May 17, 2019 9:22 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:17 am
TNRiver wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

TT
Oh wow! That's a heck of an opportunity. I wish I were more liquid at the moment.
Agreed! I could be wrong, but I expect ALOT of money to be spent tomorrow.

JMER1533
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by JMER1533 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:39 am

I’d be there but my daughter’s bday party is tomorrow. I’ve bought some cows and heifers from them last year and really liked everything about them. JP is a good guy too and the food is awesome.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Fri May 17, 2019 4:54 pm

JMER1533 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:39 am
I’d be there but my daughter’s bday party is tomorrow. I’ve bought some cows and heifers from them last year and really liked everything about them. JP is a good guy too and the food is awesome.
PRIORITIES MAN!

Get to the sale!

Hook2.0
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Hook2.0 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:02 pm

TNRiver wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:55 am
I actually won't be attending the sale..I am going to pick up some Hereford heifers I have bought instead!! :D :D :D

I just saw the sale book on AAA and was very impressed. If you haven't seen it, you should definitely check it out!
Where'd the herfs come from?
Proud to be a multiplier

JMER1533
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by JMER1533 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:27 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:54 pm
JMER1533 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:39 am
PRIORITIES MAN!

Get to the sale!
Tell me about it! Maybe I could make a quick “pizza run” for an hour or so 😳

TNRiver
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by TNRiver » Fri May 17, 2019 10:33 pm

Hook2.0 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:02 pm
TNRiver wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:55 am

Where'd the herfs come from?
Local guy here around me. Not registered just commercial

Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU

Post by Brookhill Angus » Fri May 17, 2019 11:05 pm

TNRiver wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
TNRiver wrote:

TT
Just curious, why would they clear out EVERYTHING over 3 years old? A large percentage of them are sired by Ten X, is there something they know that everyone else doesn’t?

Several members on here are not fans of Ten X or MYYTY in Focus. I’ve had no problems with either. But then again I disagree with most members. LOL!

I would probably go for the Connealy Capitalist daughter if I were in the market. I saw one about halfway in the sale book.
"A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally." Oscar Wilde

CreekAngus
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by CreekAngus » Sat May 18, 2019 12:27 am

Brookhill Angus wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:05 pm
TNRiver wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

TT
Over the last year I’ve seen several operations do this, selling off older cattle (Fink did it). Could be they have too many coming down the pipeline, to keep the older part of the herd or they just feel the newer genetics are superior. I have a date with Deer Valley on June 24th, I’m touring their operation.

Just curious, why would they clear out EVERYTHING over 3 years old? A large percentage of them are sired by Ten X, is there something they know that everyone else doesn’t?

Several members on here are not fans of Ten X or MYYTY in Focus. I’ve had no problems with either. But then again I disagree with most members. LOL!

I would probably go for the Connealy Capitalist daughter if I were in the market. I saw one about halfway in the sale book.
A brand ins’t something you earn, it’s something you live up to - John Dutton

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Sat May 18, 2019 5:56 am

From the catalog.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Sat May 18, 2019 5:57 am

That might not be legible. It’s on the Angus.org site.