Love Finding These

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
E5-D87-EE6-44-CE-4-B64-B695-78-F70-D3-F468-A.jpg

Great way to start the day!
Is the calf solid black? My Herf bull puts a whitespace of some sort on ALL his calves(mommas are all Angus/Brangus).

Texas Gal said:
Is the calf solid black? My Herf bull puts a whitespace of some sort on ALL his calves(mommas are all Angus/Brangus).
Yes the calf is solid black and about the sorriest three way cross there is for hybrid vigor.
1/2 Angus 1/4 SH 1/4 Hereford.
I have an Angus bull.

Caustic Burno said:
Texas Gal said:
Yes the calf is solid black and about the sorriest three way cross there is for hybrid vigor.
I have an Angus bull.

That's a very common 3-way cross, for a few guys, in my area. They've had many colorful calves over the years.

Only reason I have that cow is my running partner ran SH bull on Hereford cows. Then he put my bull on his heifers. He passed away two years ago in January. When I was ask to disperse his herd for his widow and said okay.
She was crying her eyes out as I was loading them on the trailer. I told her why don't we keep a couple and I will buy this one to remember Greg. This helped her to move on.

CB I got few of them crosses here. Guys wouldn't buy a bull bred like that for nothing but man do they love to buy them kinda females. I retained a bull this year out of a deal like that with a Simmental sire.

Caustic Burno said:
Texas Gal said:
I have an Angus bull.

Bought a Hereford x Shorthorn heifer at the stockyards last spring, bred to my Angus bull, she calved a week ago. Got nice little black heifer calf with a little white on her tail and a small spot on her back.

Seen another new one when we got back from Houston today. He looked fine as his pump crank was working just fine. Solid black from a distance out of an Angus sire Braford dam. It's time for the rest to get here.
I have one cow that got out of sync due to Lepto before I started vaccination with boosters.

No natural predators, and the whole federal thing about them being protected and people NOT wanting to go against the law in places. So they just keep breeding and migrating. They also have basically been pushing the less aggressive turkey buzzards out. So we see more of them. But they need to be addressed on a national level and taken off the list of protected birds that encompasses all birds of prey.
I am not getting into the "climate change/global warming " debate; but our winters here in Va have seemed to be milder with less snow and more rainy warmer weather, over the last 10-15 years. It may be that the climate is more favorable to them than the bone chilling freezing temps and greater amount of snow that we got when I first moved here 35+ years ago.

Nesikep said:
I don't believe you're in Texas anymore, that pic could just as well be from my buddy's place

Okay, now we know CB and Nesi really live in the same neighborhood and are just keeping all their cattle together on the neighbors place..... :hide: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: