Remington Bankruptcy

Help Support CattleToday:

Perhaps this is why it has taken nearly 4 month to get my 30-30 replaced by Marlin.... love their guns, but loosing patience very quickly....

True Grit Farms":fwz8g6h6 said:
Remington has been selling junk for 10+ years.

I agree the only Remington's I own were built early last century and are Browning design.
Never cared for the 870 and its probably one of the best designs ever. The Wingmaster is a fine shotgun the Express was junk IMO.

I've only ever had 1 Remington..the .22 Nylon that belonged to my father. He bought it new in the mid 60s I think for $55.
Beat to heck now after bouncing around in any number of his old pickups, chrome peeling, rust spots but still feeds, shoots and ejects perfectly..well, except for the notoriously missing bolt handle of course.
(I have a replacement part..just never got around to putting it on)

(Lot of people don't realize they have a plastic receiver too..the metal you see is just a cover)

greybeard":2wyrdnr3 said:
I've only ever had 1 Remington..the .22 Nylon that belonged to my father. He bought it new in the mid 60s I think for $55.
Beat to heck now after bouncing around in any number of his old pickups, chrome peeling, rust spots but still feeds, shoots and ejects perfectly..well, except for the notoriously missing bolt handle of course.
(I have a replacement part..just never got around to putting it on)

(Lot of people don't realize they have a plastic receiver too..the metal you see is just a cover)
sounds like my old cooey.. (metal trigger guard era).. drives tacks but doesn't look fancy

Ain't much you can do to a plastic one piece stock/receiver/fore grip to make it look 'fancy'.......but for less than $60 ...

Poor quality products and horrible customer service caught up with Remington. Remington destroyed itself making junk firearms and not standing behind them with service or parts.

I remember the Remington Nylon 66. In the '60-'70's it was pretty popular. Had the lifetime warranty on the stock.

Another company has the rights to that product and use it to make weed eater line. I bought some last year, and it works pretty good!

That nylon stock will flex somewhat...butt the end up against a solid surface, sights on target and it will throw the bullet impact off as much as an inch in 50 yards..using a sling as a support will do the same thing. They're good for what they are tho.

jltrent":wycn932l said:
Poor quality products and horrible customer service caught up with Remington. Remington destroyed itself making junk firearms and not standing behind them with service or parts.

Didn't Remington get bought out by a group that was antis bought ten years ago. Funny after they acquired H&R and Marlin they go belly up.
Just saying more than one way to skin a cat.