Priefert SO4

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Is every one still happy with their SO4s? Ive been reading old posts on here and seems like quite a few people use them. Any down side other than cost?

I've been neglecting some stuff by claiming I didn't have a good SC. Now neglecting it is getting to be a bigger pia than just doing it so I guess it's time to break down.

I like mine. I never have any problem with the auto head catch. I do wish there was a way to eliminate the tail gate rail. Sometimes they hesitate going in because they have to step up and over.

Mine works good and has the auto head catch attachment. Before using I put penetrating oil on the moving parts, makes it work smooth.

Mine is the Model S01. I have had cows weigh 1600 lbs. and bulls that go 2200 lbs. through it and worked fine.

http://www.priefert.com/products/squeez ... -model-so1

3LWToee.jpg

Best chute thats not hydraulic IMO.

They have a brand new one here thats been sitting for a year they want to get rid of. 3200 bucks! what a deal..

Farm Fence Solutions":2imd4dla said:
jltrent":2imd4dla said:
Mine works good and has the auto head catch attachment. Before using I put penetrating oil on the moving parts, makes it work smooth.

Mine is the Model S01. I have had cows weigh 1600 lbs. and bulls that go 2200 lbs. through it and worked fine.

3LWToee.jpg

You fixing to castrate, or dehorn?

That's how we dehorn. We tried castrating that why once but it didn't work to good :lol:

ddd75":2s0cel31 said:

They have a brand new one here thats been sitting for a year they want to get rid of. 3200 bucks! what a deal..
Have you ever worked a Arrow? No comparison, IMO. Priefert is a good chute because of the head catch, and customer service otherwise I don't think their much better than anything else.

jltrent":2dv37753 said:

3LWToee.jpg

What is the difference between the SO4 and SO1. Size only? I am very surprised you got a 2200 pound bull through it. I have a couple cows that go about 1700 that actually barely get through. Their pelvis barely makes it through the tail gate. AND I think the SO1 is a bit smaller, right?

True Grit Farms":1c70ung4 said:
ddd75":1c70ung4 said:

Have you ever worked a Arrow? No comparison, IMO. Priefert is a good chute because of the head catch, and customer service otherwise I don't think their much better than anything else.

Arrow is Q-Catch right? Aren't they about twice the price of a Priefert? I've never used them working cattle but have seen a couple and they look very nice.

J&D Cattle":1z0hfwf7 said:
True Grit Farms":1z0hfwf7 said:
ddd75":1z0hfwf7 said:

Arrow is Q-Catch right? Aren't they about twice the price of a Priefert? I've never used them working cattle but have seen a couple and they look very nice.

They have comparable models. The 61 series is $4200 to the SO4s $4000.

J&D Cattle":20cozmpd said:
True Grit Farms":20cozmpd said:
ddd75":20cozmpd said:

If your worried about price buy a used chute, one's almost as good as another, they don't ever wear out. It's a piece of equipment that can be passed down for generations. If your planning on buying something new why not spend the extra money and have a top of the line piece of equipment. For tattooing, eye and mouth problems nothing beats a Arrow chute for working on the head of a cow.

True Grit Farms":27u5xdy8 said:
If your worried about price buy a used chute, one's almost as good as another, they don't ever wear out. It's a piece of equipment that can be passed down for generations. If your planning on buying something new why not spend the extra money and have a top of the line piece of equipment. For tattooing, eye and mouth problems nothing beats a Arrow chute for working on the head of a cow.

Explain why the Arrow works better for the head. On the SO4, I use the chain to lock their head down when I tattoo. I am not familiar with how the Arrow does that. My vet performed a tracheal flush on a young bull calf. We locked him down so tight, he could only blink his eyes.

Bright Raven":1nittp9r said:
jltrent":1nittp9r said:

3LWToee.jpg

What is the difference between the SO4 and SO1. Size only? I am very surprised you got a 2200 pound bull through it. I have a couple cows that go about 1700 that actually barely get through. Their pelvis barely makes it through the tail gate. AND I think the SO1 is a bit smaller, right?

Squeeze Chutes - Model S0191 This is what I have......inside difference is 24" for SO4 vs 23" for SO1 at the belly pipes. Mine has the rope pull to close side door and single door behind and the auto head gate. My inlaw has a SO4 and to me it seems the cattle can't tell a difference in them as I have used both. The at least 2200 bull had no wiggle room, he was no more that working a 500 pound calf in the prefiert.

Specs ~
Lubricate infinite locks with light oil (i.e. original WD-40). DO NOT use heavy oil or any oil with Teflon or silicon additives.
Overall Height: 78"
Overall Length: 90"
Overall Width: 42"
Weight: 976 lbs (All weights approximate)
Inside Height: 57"
Inside Length: 81"
Inside Width: 23" at the Belly Pipe, 28"" at the bend of the contoured side panels
Comes standard with the HG91 Manual Headgate
Includes Head Chain (HC)
Dip Painted Priefert Blue

Squeeze Chutes - Model S04

Specs ~
Lubricate infinite locks with light oil (i.e. original WD-40). DO NOT use heavy oil or any oil with Teflon or silicon additives.
Overall Height: 80"
Overall Length: 94.5"
Overall Width (including handles): 53"
Weight: 1210 lbs (All weights approximate)
Inside Height: 62.5" (Floor to inside top of the tailgate frame)
Inside Length: 87"
Inside Width: 24" at the Belly Pipe, 30" at the bend of the contoured side panels
Comes standard with the HG91 Manual/Automatic Headgate
Includes Head Chain (HC)

jltrent":3fentrep said:
Bright Raven":3fentrep said:
jltrent":3fentrep said:

3LWToee.jpg

Squeeze Chutes - Model S0191 This is what I have......inside difference is 24" for SO4 vs 23" for SO1 at the belly pipes. Mine has the rope pull to close side door and single door behind and the auto head gate. My inlaw has a SO4 and to me it seems the cattle can't tell a difference in them as I have used both. The at least 2200 bull had no wiggle room, he was no more that working a 500 pound calf in the prefiert.

Specs ~
Overall Height: 78"
Overall Length: 90"
Overall Width: 42"
Weight: 976 lbs (All weights approximate)
Inside Height: 57"
Inside Length: 81"
Inside Width: 23" at the Belly Pipe, 28"" at the bend of the contoured side panels
Comes standard with the HG91 Manual Headgate
Includes Head Chain (HC)

Squeeze Chutes - Model S04

Specs ~
Overall Height: 80"
Overall Length: 94.5"
Overall Width (including handles): 53"
Weight: 1210 lbs (All weights approximate)
Inside Height: 62.5" (Floor to inside top of the tailgate frame)
Inside Length: 87"
Inside Width: 24" at the Belly Pipe, 30" at the bend of the contoured side panels
Comes standard with the HG91 Manual/Automatic Headgate
Includes Head Chain (HC)

Thanks. The most narrow passage is going through the tailgate. I need to check that.

I'm still very happy with my SO4. Used it Sunday on a couple. I've never owned any others and bought this to replace just a head catch. I think I'll be happier with it once I can afford to put a Tru-Test under it.

Those guys in the Priefert videos must be pretty small guys. The chuted are not near as big in person. I'm a little concerned that the size may be an issue with bulls for sure and some cows.

It's probably just an illusion but it's making me nervous.

Brute 23":1bhjllcu said:
Those guys in the Priefert videos must be pretty small guys. The chuted are not near as big in person. I'm a little concerned that the size may be an issue with bulls for sure and some cows.

I agree. I got some pretty chunky cows. When the tail gate is open, the door protrudes a bit. My wider girls just barely make it through.

Brute 23":3ii7v37c said:

That one guy that knows everything is about 5' 8" he's even better in person at selling Priefert. You can't go wrong buying a Priefert chute, I was just giving my opinion. Shame you can't go and work cattle in one and see for yourself.