Bundy mistrial?

Help Support CattleToday:

That guy went through a lot. Shame what the government spent on trying to sweep him and his cow herd under the table. He said all along the water went with deed.

It's been awhile but if I remember correctly there were 50 other ranchers that were forced off their allotment with the use of the endangered species act.
They were the only ones that stayed and fought and the rest were starved out with huge reductions in the amount cattle they could graze.
The Bundy's had been paying their grazing fee up to the point when the grazing numbers were cut to nearly nothing.

If I remember the story right

dun":et2etqru said:
Son of Butch":et2etqru said:
kickinbull":et2etqru said:
how many times can someone be tried for same thing?
Until a jury reaches a verdict.
Or until the judge dismisses the charges with prejudice. It's that "with prejudice" deal that's says they can;t be retried on those charges. If they are dismissed "without prejudice" it means the charges can be refiled.

U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro dismissed the case "with prejudice," meaning that rancher Cliven Bundy, two of his sons and a militia member will not face another trial. Navarro had declared a mistrial last month.

https://www.drovers.com/article/judge-e ... ng-dispute

I won't say he's a hero, but he did stand up to the machine. I admire him for his will to fight. I doubt history will remember him well either. His boys taking over the refuge, kinda fell outside the confides of acceptable behavior, but he wasn't in that. Most would have gave up a long long time ago. He stayed the course. A man does many things, that are to be ashamed of, and only a few to take pride in. He went the distance with an entire government. Not many can say that. Never buckled, never faltered. Wasn't just his rights he stood for either. What he did, makes it harder for them to run over the rest of us.

Bigfoot":2t4d6qaf said:
I won't say he's a hero, but he did stand up to the machine. I admire him for his will to fight. I doubt history will remember him well either. His boys taking over the refuge, kinda fell outside the confides of acceptable behavior, but he wasn't in that. Most would have gave up a long long time ago. He stayed the course. A man does many things, that are to be ashamed of, and only a few to take pride in. He went the distance with an entire government. Not many can say that. Never buckled, never faltered. Wasn't just his rights he stood for either. What he did, makes it harder for them to run over the rest of us.

The like button isn't enough for this post. That just good stuff right there Bigfoot.

Ironic tho, that in 2016, Mr. Bundy sued to get the same Federal Judge Navarrow removed that just threw out the case.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ra ... el-n571496

Bundy also wants federal Judge Gloria Navarro, named as another defendant, removed from the criminal case and for politically conservative attorney Larry Klayman to help defend him in Nevada.

Jailed cattle rancher Cliven Bundy claims President Barack Obama, Nevada Sen. Harry Reid and others have stifled his constitutional rights as he sits in solitary confinement on charges stemming from a 2014 federal standoff, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday.

Bundy, 70, is seeking $50 million for the "illegal, unconstitutional, intentional and malicious acts" of the defendants, and wants an indictment against him quashed and his immediate release from jail in Portland, Oregon.

Bundy added that he's been in solitary since his arrest earlier this year — which constitutes "cruel and unusual punishment," claims the suit, filed in U.S. District Court in Nevada.

Bundy also wants federal Judge Gloria Navarro, named as another defendant, removed from the criminal case and for politically conservative attorney Larry Klayman to help defend him in Nevada.

The complaint lays out a conspiracy against Bundy perpetrated by Obama, Reid, Navarro and Reid's son, Rory Reid, who unsuccessfully ran for Nevada governor in 2010.

Navarro "has shown her true intentions and bias and prejudice, rising to the level of denying Sixth Amendment right of counsel and to a speedy trial to (Bundy), following the 'marching orders' of her benefactors Defendant Harry Reid and Obama," according to the suit.

She is also described as a "Latino activist."

Looks like she put possible personal bias aside and ruled by law not emotions. Sounds like a good judge to me.

zirlottkim":29a75zsp said:
https://lasvegassun.com/news/2018/jan/10/cliven-bundy-calls-out-sheriff-in-front-metro-hq/ Cliven Bundy calls out sheriff in front of Metro headquarters
Fact is Mr Bundy is lucky that 11-8-16 went the way it did. We all are really.

Latest posts