Custer's Last Stand

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caustic Burno":kqku84ht said:
Bestoutwest":kqku84ht said:
HDRider":kqku84ht said:
I'd add, large population centers breed different cultures, art and science than small bands of nomads.

An agrarian society allows for specialized farmers, hunters, etc. This allows time for scholarly pursuits, theology developments, an advanced hierarchy of government, etc. B/c the Native Americans were "constantly" on the move, their societies lacked some of these.

The mongols were constantly on the move and nomadic as well .
They ended up conquering most of the known world in less than a 100 years.
Their conquests changed history.

CB, it is amazing what they did. The Mongol conquest was ruthless. They rode rough shod - literally, on horse back- over most of Asia and Europe.

Raven there were several other nomadic to semi-nomadic that conquered huge chunks of territory.
The Huns and Vikings. The Huns conquered the Roman Empire.The Viking conquest are amazing for their nautical, navigation and military skills
for the time in history.

It never ceases to amaze me as to how everyone on here supposedly has such great knowledge of history. You guys must have really payed attention in history class and had some awesome history teachers. ;-)

herofan":3dkrys11 said:
It never ceases to amaze me as to how everyone on here supposedly has such great knowledge of history. You guys must have really payed attention in history class and had some awesome history teachers. ;-)

Or maybe we just sound like we know. Lol

Mongols used biological warfare as well.

"The Mongol Empire established commercial and political connections between the Eastern and Western areas of the world, through the most mobile army ever seen. The armies, composed of the most rapidly moving travelers who had ever moved between the steppes of East Asia (where bubonic plague was and remains endemic among small rodents), managed to keep the chain of infection without a break until they reached, and infected, peoples and rodents who had never encountered it. The ensuing Black Death may have killed up to 25 million in China and roughly a third of the population of Europe and in the next decades, changing the course of Asian and European history."

herofan":pkqebfck said:
More like they got to expert level playing Ancient Empires on their Nintendos.

Caustic Burno":2zg8wka7 said:
Raven there were several other nomadic to semi-nomadic that conquered huge chunks of territory.
The Huns and Vikings. The Huns conquered the Roman Empire.The Viking conquest are amazing for their nautical, navigation and military skills
for the time in history.

Don't forget the Ottoman Empire. It exceeded the Roman Empire in area.
2j0c8ir.png

But they all rose and fell - Roman, Mongol, Ottoman, British, etc. When is our fall coming?

Bright Raven":2eb68n2t said:
Caustic Burno":2eb68n2t said:
for the time in history.

Don't forget the Ottoman Empire. It exceeded the Roman Empire in area.
2j0c8ir.png

But they all rose and fell - Roman, Mongol, Ottoman, British, etc. When is our fall coming?

Looks to be soon with the Islamic explosion across the open boarders of the world. Different type invasion but invasion all the same.

ga.prime":2lnve4ox said:
herofan":2lnve4ox said:

:nod:
I actually played that with my son.
Age of Empires, I think it was.

I've never played and have barely seen a Nintendo or any other computer stand alone game console. I have occasionally played a game of solitaire on win 95. My kids had a Nontendo many ears ago. A huge time waster.
(I guess tho, not unlike Coffee Shop some days.)

Bright Raven":1lmdratc said:
herofan":1lmdratc said:

Or maybe we just sound like we know. Lol

I'm betting that is more like it.

Bright Raven":33vb14f4 said:
ga.prime":33vb14f4 said:

:lol2: you're right, it was Age of Empires. I just asked my son and he confirmed it. When he used to play it and I'd ask him what game he was playing it always sounded like he was saying Ancient Empires. He also said he played on the pc not the Nintendo. It had some educational value I think.

herofan":1wbl6cnd said:

Russian and Slavic studies minor checking in. Just means I do not know shyt.

Caustic Burno":10yfze21 said:
TexasBred":10yfze21 said:
Caustic Burno":10yfze21 said:
TB your not worth my time as a poster I used to truly respect IMO has turned into a bitter old man just looking for a fight not a discussion.
Only waiting for you to say something intelligent, Professor.

Can't have that discussion with you looking at the DNA map you drew the short straw.

Ok Professor "long straw"....explain to me the basic principals os organic chemistry....surely you remember it as you taught it.

ga.prime":1ribjcuc said:
Bright Raven":1ribjcuc said:
ga.prime":1ribjcuc said:

:lol2: you're right, it was Age of Empires. I just asked my son and he confirmed it. When he used to play it and I'd ask him what game he was playing it always sounded like he was saying Ancient Empires. He also said he played on the pc not the Nintendo. It had some educational value I think.
Does it give your quarter back if you save the princess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts