Custer's Last Stand

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caustic Burno":1nwzynty said:

Thanks. I had read the following in another paper:

So far, the evidence suggests that infectious disease is a primary cause of the global variation in human intelligence.

That was my basis for telling TT that disease is believed to be a major factor in the lack of technological advancement in Africa.

Bright Raven":30ihxano said:
Caustic Burno":30ihxano said:

So far, the evidence suggests that infectious disease is a primary cause of the global variation in human intelligence.

That was my basis for telling TT that disease is believed to be a major factor in the lack of technological advancement in Africa.

Other papers lean that the colder climates had higher IQ due to less infectious diseases.
Six of one half dozen others the IQ was/is higher in northern climates.

Caustic Burno":15w6xahu said:
Bright Raven":15w6xahu said:
Caustic Burno":15w6xahu said:

Other papers lean that the colder climates had higher IQ due to less infectious diseases.
Six of one half dozen others the IQ was/is higher in northern climates.

The infectious disease influence theory has been around for a long time. Even temperature has an influence which is suggested in the Scientic American paper.

ga.prime":1eirp439 said:
While we're on the subject, is there any dog anywhere with a lower IQ than a Chihuahua?

I never had one, but I understand Irish setters would be a strong candidate.

Like Dun said. And...

Native American culture did not need technology. They had everything close at hand, and when it played out, they moved.

When someone asks to give one example of where communism worked, use the Native Americans as that example. Due to the abundance of natural resources and the affluence of most Northwest tribes they enjoyed more leisure time than any culture as a whole,, for a while.

TT, there are still a few tribes in South America that might have something you want. Yours for the taking.

HDRider":hem6vyew said:
Like Dun said. And...

Native American culture did not need technology. They had everything close at hand, and when it played out, they moved.

When someone asks to give one example of where communism worked, use the Native Americans as that example. Due to the abundance of natural resources and the affluence of most Northwest tribes they enjoyed more leisure time than any culture as a whole,, for a while.

TT, there are still a few tribes in South America that might have something you want. Yours for the taking.

Nor did any other culture. At the time most of the early forms of 'technology' we are talking about was developed, there was still plenty of land and plenty of natural resources everywhere. (much lower population than today)
A few inventions and discoveries were by accident, but most were made out of a 'yearn to learn' for no other reason than a natural curiosity born out of intelligence and not out of a specific physical or societal need.
The cultures that developed it simply wanted the technology; they did it because of deep seated desire to learn and further develop themselves. Visionaries. The Galileos, Ptlomey, Vikings, even Newton.
It goes back a very long ways, beginning with the earliest epochs of man.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_ ... iscoveries
An example? The Great Library at Alexandria, built in the 3rd century BC.

GB,
England was deforested centuries ago. Europe had congregated into cities many centuries ago. Population density in Europe drove their culture. They applied themselves differently because they developed and lived differently.

Feel free do do so, but I cannot ascribe to the idea that it is was all innate.

Natives came from the Asian far east a long time ago, the cradle of many great societies, scientific and civic discoveries.

To think they lost that intelligence as they crossed the land bridge seems silly. They lost the drive, because they enjoyed the life nature provided.

greybeard":223rem7p said:
https://iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country
List and map of IQ by country at above link.

That map and list of countries makes a powerful statement about the Mongoloid Race of which the Chinese are the most abundant. If this is accurate, the intellectual wealth of the planet is vested in China.

HDRider":37649iln said:
GB,
England was deforested centuries ago. Europe had congregated into cities many centuries ago. Population density in Europe drove their culture. They applied themselves differently because they developed and lived differently.

Natives came from the Asian far east a long time ago, the cradle of many great societies, scientific and civic discoveries.

To think they lost that intelligence as they crossed the land bridge seems silly. They lost the drive, because they enjoyed the life nature provided.

HD, I am in total agreement.

HDRider":26gkl44b said:
GB,

Just to put a couple ornaments on the tree.

Anthropologist generally agree that the Americas were populated by humans some 20,000 years ago. At a time when Asia and North America were connected by a land bridge - the Bering Straits. Those humans have been shown by DNA mapping in many separate studies to be Mongoloid. Basically Chinese to put it crudely.

I agree, it is far fetched to think they could deteriorate in a mere 10 to 20 thousand years. In fact, to transverse North America and build the civic masterpieces of mankind that they did along the Yucatan peninsula is testimony that they still had the mojo.

I'd add, large population centers breed different cultures, art and science than small bands of nomads.

You could drop one of these men off in Mongolia and no one would even notice.
1zco8lx.jpg

Bright Raven":20036ulg said:
HDRider":20036ulg said:
GB,

Anthropologist generally agree that the Americas were populated by humans some 20,000 years ago. At a time when Asia and North America were connected by a land bridge - the Bering Straits. Those humans have been shown by DNA mapping in many separate studies to be Mongoloid. Basically Chinese to put it crudely.

I agree, it is far fetched to think they could deteriorate in a mere 10 to 20 thousand years. In fact, to transverse North America and build the civic masterpieces of mankind that they did along the Yucatan peninsula is testimony that they still had the mojo.

Just some possible new info.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science- ... 180961957/

Davemk":13w1usdu said:
Bright Raven":13w1usdu said:
HDRider":13w1usdu said:
GB,

Just some possible new info.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science- ... 180961957/

Thank you. Science discovery is a process. Buolding on a previous foundation in a search for the best explanation. I absolutely love it.

Who cares what happened years ago, the future is what matters for our survival. I believe in looking ahead not backwards. This topic is well above my pay grade and makes my head hurt.
The best I can tell the Chinese are really Indian TT, it could be the other way around though.

And which century was the American/Canadian Great Plains and American Southwest deforested HD?
Answer:
http://arthistoryworlds.org/peoples-of- ... at-plains/
You can't have it both ways.
Can't attribute intellectual advancement of a society on deforestation, while omitting the fact that another society languished for centuries in the intellectual dark ages........ in a treeless landscape.

And yes, many people attribute to the Chinese, as the single greatest human achievement..the domestication of rice. 6000-8000 ears ago.

True Grit Farms":2f2z2zvl said:
Who cares what happened years ago, the future is what matters for our survival. I believe in looking ahead not backwards. .
And that is probably what the great discoverers and explorers of ancient times thought as well TG, tho not predominantly for the purpose of 'survival'.
For some societies, it is not enough to know something exists or happens..they have to know the why and how of it as well. They are (and probably always have been) driven to seek knowledge..and science. Science, a relatively new concept, is generally attributed to Thales..540 BC.

There was a time when Down syndrome was referred to as Mongolian Idiocy or mongolism. That is no longer appropriate.

My use of the term above is in reference to the 4 generally accepted races of Homo sapiens:

1. Caucasian

2. Mongolian: Mongolian, Chinese and Indo-Chinese, Japanese and Korean, Tibetan, Malayan, Polynesian, Maori, Micronesian, Eskimo, American Indian.

3. Negroid

4. Australoid or Black Aborigines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts