Florida dairy in hot water.

Help Support CattleToday:

Maybe so but there is no excuse for this type treatment of dairy cattle. Looks like the Larson's need a camera system as well so they can monitor their employees.

The subsequent links to the goat slaughter articles brought back memorys. A friend of mine used to raise goats, pigs and cattle and sell them from the farm. He had a good set up for lsughtering them and scalding the pigs. He sold a goat to a grop that wanted to slughter it on his place by themselves. He gave them the go ahead. Turns out they fed it beer till it was drunk then started a bon fire and threw the goat in live. When collins heard the rucous he came out and shot the goat and ran the people off at gun point. For a while he had issues with animals being killed during the night and left to lay, fences cut, hay stacks burned. The sheriff finally caught the guys doing it, yup, the goat burners. They all ended up in jail. Collins never did seem really right about slaughtering any animals after that.
Collins happened to be black and only black any where around the county other then his wife and kids. He was referred to as the Lakeside N word by most people. But at that time and place it wasn;t considered derogatory, just a name. There's a lot more to the Collins story, but the final out come was him getting out of agriculture which was his great passion.
Dam, now I'm going to be pizzed off all day!

TexasBred":36s1eye6 said:
Maybe so but there is no excuse for this type treatment of dairy cattle. Looks like the Larson's need a camera system as well so they can monitor their employees.
And need to look at their animals occasionally.

Of course they have an agenda behind it other than just 'cruelty prevention'... As the dairy said, they should have contacted management first to see how they'd handle it... Without that, it's just a PR stunt on their part.

I am wondering if this is real or a hoax..
The animal rights people have been caught at hoaxes before...
Of course it is possible it is real, but I have heard of stories before where the animal rights people went out and were beating baby seals and torturing them, LITERALLY skinning them alive, and filming, saying this was the method that sealers used to kill the baby seals.. Then would come the pitch for money of course...
Same thing the old "ban leg hold traps" advertisements that show a coyote in a leg hold trap in late spring- summer conditions, saying that the coyotes gave birth in the leg hold traps etc, and send your donations to "XYZ".
when problem number one---normal leg hold traps had been banned for years ( Canada) ( offset jaws and soft catch leg holds were still legal) and also trapping season had been over for a number of months, unless it was a problem /predatory animal situation, and that requires someone with government permission to trap at that time of the year..
Years ago I worked on a mink farm. The people that owned that farm were very nice people, and their animals well taken care of, yet PETA came in and turned loose a high number of his animals..
He owned about 10,000 at that time, so it was a real mess.
The story was that every chicken farmer in the area was out helping him fish-net his animals, cause mink love chicken...
So the question is--- Did that video ACTUALLY occur on that farm??
I wonder if that question was ever asked..

Nesikep":ksmamcn4 said:
Of course they have an agenda behind it other than just 'cruelty prevention'... As the dairy said, they should have contacted management first to see how they'd handle it... Without that, it's just a PR stunt on their part.
Animal Rights groups love animal abuse, it gives them more power and money.

These are the things that give farmers a bad name. There are good and wicked in every profession. We all know them especially those that have sick and starving cattle in their fields.

Latest posts