Air Fryer

Help Support CattleToday:

My mother has one. I've only had one thing that was cooked in it (a French fry). It wasn't bad, would have probably been about the same cooked in an oven.

We've had one for a few weeks and I've been playing with it a little. Fries and tots are pretty much like you describe. I've done chicken wings also and they have been really good. Tried a whole chicken and it needed injecting or something. Not much flavor except on the outside of the bird. Seems like they're growing in popularity and was just wondering how many here have bought one and what they thought?

I've often thought turkey drumsticks would be good cooked in it. Bout the right size and probably wouldn't be too dry.

I have one, and LOVE IT. We put the Fry Daddy away. We cooked fried in both, and had hubby taste both. He said the Air Fried was the deep fried and the deep fried was the air fried! So no real difference. We have cooked fries, butternut squash, and many other things in it.
Love it over here, much healthier way to cook food

I've joined up with a couple of FB groups to learn as there's definitely a learning curve. Seeing lots of people bragging on their recipes and some fails as well. I did a cheap rib eye in ours and and it turned out pretty good. Not as good as as grill, but about the same as in a pan. Pork chops were the same way. Will have to get some veggies together and try those.

I've had one for a couple years, but always forget about it until Thanksgiving. Its the only way we do turkey now.

I bought my wife one for her BD about six months ago. It is a little slow cooking, but potatoes fixed in it are real good. Sausage and other meats come out non greasy and still have a good flavor. I would highly recommend. I have one like this.

1.Top-10-Best-Air-Fryers-in-2016-300x300.jpg

i been looking at these since no oil to deal with...how big is a good size to do wings or chicken parts or fries...chicken nuggets maybe kinda stuff....

3.7 qt seems popular

We have a Power Air Fryer XL which is 5.3 quart. She'll hold 8 wings flat and cook in 20 minutes. Most of these things require turning the food half way thru to get it crisp on both sides. The only oil I use is a spritz of olive oil on the basket to keep from sticking. I also add a little water in the bottom to catch grease as it makes cleanup a breeze.

Been thinking of getting one. The wife is not a fan of owning a oil/deep fryer but breaded stuff tastes so much better fried and been seeing more things about air fryers lately. The thing I wonder is what kind of difference between a budget vs high end model.

yeah the big ones are expensive. a guy at work has one for doping turkeys and ham..idk how big it is or how much it cost but he says it is easily as good as oil fried and way less mess

Many people have two or more so they can make a complete meal without waiting between batches. I think if i were going to buy another it would probably be one like this as it has a large capacity. As I said earlier there's a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to make chicken crispy and such. I also agree that meats can taste just as good as oil fried.

We got one for Christmas, and have only used it twice. The fries were OK, not as advertised. The first time it was our fault, the second time I think they came out the way they're supposed to. As with all things, we're going to have to play with it to figure it out. Oh darn, right? I'm looking forward to making cookies or cake in it, should be pretty good.

slick4591":1ibhdvgi said:
Playing with it helps a lot. I get recipes from FB pages but these things don't always cook the same.

It says to do fries at 400 for 20 minutes, but I'm thinking about boosting the temperature is going to help. Have you found that increasing the temp has helped out?

Mine is the Power XL and has a one button French fry setting. I'm not sure of the temp or time. I do jumbled them up at the 9 minute mark tho. They always turn out good. One of these days I'll be trying out fresh potatoes instead of the frozen.

Latest posts