Deer Valley

Help Support CattleToday:

SchenkAngusFarm

Reaction score
Is anyone on here going to the Deer Valley sale in November? I have bought most of my replacements this fall but may go to see if I can pick up a couple more. Was curious if anyone on here is going.

Yeah, we have a few already. We use them some but most of our females come from Boyd and Schaff.

I'm sure the top ones will be selling for a mint but I am hoping to grab a couple once things slow down.

I went. I thought prices were pretty fair really outside the top 20.

What I found interesting is that $B seems be driving price above all other things.

SchenkAngusFarm":2g59efzd said:

What I found interesting is that $B seems be driving price above all other things.
Wish I could have met up with you there. Did you happen to see lot 219? He was a traction son and looked pretty good to me, but only brought $6,500.

southernultrablack":34u3r304 said:
SchenkAngusFarm":34u3r304 said:

Wish I could have met up with you there. Did you happen to see lot 219? He was a traction son and looked pretty good to me, but only brought $6,500.

I'm sure I did. I didn't have him marked in my book as what I was looking for but he also didn't make my do not buy list. That price seemed indicative of about what they were going for with that phenotype.

I thought there were some really good buys available. I bought a lot of Champion Hill, Boyd, Rock Ridge, Branchview and through private treaty so I didn't have as much money in the hopper as I would have liked. I definitely would have bought more had I kept some more money around. Plus I had to put in ceder's Sunday and it's deer season so I was a little rushed o get out.

Latest posts