Low class people

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: Low class people

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:36 pm

Kingfisher wrote:We was so poor we had two Tv'z. One for picture and one for sound. ;)

We was so poor, we didn't have mice. In fact, if they were passing through, they had to pack a lunch. :P
0 x

Aaron
GURU
GURU

Postby Aaron » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:41 pm

Nesikep wrote:reminds me of when my friend Neal passed away.. he was poor, but had lots of 'stuff'... and he'd give it to you freely. but not a day after he died there were people there staking claims.. he had offered me some stuff, I'm not going to bother with it though.. there are a few people in town here known to be vultures!

Lots of them here too. Most are snobby housewives that are looking for a easy score with some old bachelor or widower. While the funeral is taking place they swoop in and take anything of value or get things turned over (property) while the fellow is on his deathbed. I know one that took a family heirloom rocking chair from an apartment (very ornate, hand carved, 100+ years old) - it had been promised to a family relative, but that didn't matter to the vulture woman, she took anything of value. They are, by far, the type of people I hate the most.
0 x
Nothin' prettier than a red Ford truck, a Massey Ferguson tractor and a red-n-white Hereford sittin' on the farm.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:49 pm

There's a big difference between being poor and low class. I was supposedly raised poor but had respect for people and myself, or I got my but beat.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:59 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Kingfisher wrote:We was so poor we had two Tv'z. One for picture and one for sound. ;)

We was so poor, we didn't have mice. In fact, if they were passing through, they had to pack a lunch. :P

We ate cereal with a fork, to conserve on milk.
2 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Postby Kingfisher » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:09 pm

What's "milk?"
0 x
Green grass cures alot of ills.
The dream is free. The hustle is sold separate.

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:17 pm

There definitely is a difference between poor and classless.

Louis CK sums up being broke pretty well

2 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:06 pm

Kingfisher wrote:What's "milk?"

what's cereal?
We fought over the crumbs in the bottom of the toaster when we could afford the electricity to run the toaster.
Brother turned the toaster on high one morning and the whole county went dark.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:29 pm

Nesikep wrote:There definitely is a difference between poor and classless.

Louis CK sums up being broke pretty well

he likes the f word,, but dang!! that was funny.. :lol:
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:33 am

He uses the sentence enhancers correctly.. unlike that thread we had a while back that dropped F bombs everywhere just to sound cool, or something. He has the content to back it up at least :)
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:52 am

Sentence enhancers.....I'm going to have to remember that.
2 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:51 am

Some people just need a bar of soap jammed down their throat.
2 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

herofan
GURU
GURU

Postby herofan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:17 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:There's a big difference between being poor and low class. I was supposedly raised poor but had respect for people and myself, or I got my but beat.

That’s true. I don’t know if this will come out like I intend it to, but I’m from KY, and things have changed in past decades.

When my grandparents and parents were young, it was common around here to be poor; most everybody was poor. There was no industry here and farming was moreso for survival and not making a great living. So, being that everybody was poor, there were plenty of fine, upstanding people in the mix.

Today, however, things have changed. Even though we act as though the economy is worse than ever, people actually have opportunity to make a decent living if they would just do it.
I’m not saying it would be easy for everyone to be filthy rich, but they have opportunity to do better than previous generations.

Most people I know in my area of KY that are poor are poor basically because they are too lazy to work or too dumb to manage the free check they get every month. They are happy driving a car that breaks down every other day and wearing clothes that look like they robbed a hobo as long as they have money for cigarettes and Cheetos.

I’m not saying that’s how it is anywhere else, just in my local area.
2 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:25 pm

so poor now all i can afford for a pet is a tumbleweed.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

AdamsCreek
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby AdamsCreek » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:18 pm

We were so poor we went to KFC to lick other people's fingers
2 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:42 pm

herofan wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:There's a big difference between being poor and low class. I was supposedly raised poor but had respect for people and myself, or I got my but beat.

That’s true. I don’t know if this will come out like I intend it to, but I’m from KY, and things have changed in past decades.

When my grandparents and parents were young, it was common around here to be poor; most everybody was poor. There was no industry here and farming was moreso for survival and not making a great living. So, being that everybody was poor, there were plenty of fine, upstanding people in the mix.

Today, however, things have changed. Even though we act as though the economy is worse than ever, people actually have opportunity to make a decent living if they would just do it.
I’m not saying it would be easy for everyone to be filthy rich, but they have opportunity to do better than previous generations.

Most people I know in my area of KY that are poor are poor basically because they are too lazy to work or too dumb to manage the free check they get every month. They are happy driving a car that breaks down every other day and wearing clothes that look like they robbed a hobo as long as they have money for cigarettes and Cheetos.

I’m not saying that’s how it is anywhere else, just in my local area.

Same here,they'll let their power bill go to get a tattoo..
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Return to “Coffee Shop”