SAV Angus Valley 1867

Help Support CattleToday:

Air gator

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Sav Angus Valley 1867? Anyone have any calves out of him? He's a bull that has good numbers but I would like to hear about hooves on the ground. Thanks.

I have only seen newborns. They was good looking but his $ values are low

We have some on the ground and one that is currently one of 20 on our list of bulls this upcoming year. That being said, most other sires have 2-3 bulls, whereas the AV only had the one. I believe we only had one of his last year as well. But we love them as calves.

His Genomic EPDs (off of commercial cow) are:
CED 6.4
BW -0.4 (75 actual)
WW 63 (Adjusted 738)
YW 116
Milk 20
SC .70
DOC 9
$B 146

Nothing on the ground yet from him. First one is due out of a second timer this Dec. I was actually just looking at his spread the other day and noticed his CED had made a jump down to 5 CED. I swear it was around 10 last spring.
Have heard he should be good on fescue, slick and sheds quick. Genex seems to market him most as a cowmaker

:2cents:

Smallpotatoes...Nice looking calf. Has some style going on there.
What's the docility like? I know that Iron Mountain's don't score well for docility or milk.
Just wondering how Angus Valley's will do....epds should be fairly stable now...unless Angus Association changes them again.
Thanks for the photo.

You're right about the epds. He was a different bull before July! Over all I'm happy with the calves. Average docility. They've been through the chute once with no issues in the chute in pen whatsoever. Unless the randomly develop an attitude in the next 6 months, I wish I had more.
My personal concerns are more with frame size. Some of his daughters look like they have too much leg under them for me. With that said, I've yet to find a bull I don't have some complaint with...I'm just trifling like that.

I bought two half brothers to him this last spring out of his dam. Really nice bulls that I expect will make some super females. I've heard similar from folks using AV, the heifers are suppose to be his strong suit.

Has anyone had any issues with feet from their S A V Angus Valley offspring? Thought I had seen some discussion on this forum, or maybe another one, that his calves had some foot issues. Just curious as he is a bull I've considered using, but have held off so far, plus his EPDs took a hit in July when the new American Angus Association calculation format went into effect.