Clothes Leaving the House

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep":26mxl7bm said:
I didn't realize you worked at Walmart :p

Clean jeans and a t shirt is my usual attire.. I do my darndest to leave the farm smells at home, I can only hope I'm successful at that!

HA! It's funny that you say that. If you were to sit in my clinic you would think that people go directly from here to Walmart. I often tell people within the system that coming to my clinic is like working at Walmart. :cry:

Since I wear scrubs all day (read pajamas) I put on jeans as quickly as I can when I get home. I will go out in shorts, but usually it's jeans. I wear sneakers b/c of my foot issues and I can't stand wearing flip flops or anything else where you can feel every rock through the sole. The best is when you step on a goathead with flip flops on and it goes through the sole and still stabs you.

24 seven 365, it's wranglers, and a long sleeve button up. I have been to Walmart in a hospital gown, sweat pants, and flip flops. Needed baby formula, and a can of dip like the world needs love.

[quote

One type of dress that I think is Mixed up these days is the "country boy" attire. These days, if someone wants to display that they are just a country boy and not trying to be flashy, they feel they have to wear Redwings with a touch of manure, a t-shirt, and John Deere cap everywhere they go. (Just one example).

When I say everywhere, why would a person wear that to their kid's graduation or awards ceremony? Why would you wear that to a formal wedding when everybody else is dressed for the occasion?

My redwings don't have manure on them, and my shirt has buttons but wherever you see me that's what I'll be wearing.
I do "dress up" it's not worked in jeans and a button up and my dress redwings are just my next pair of work redwings, once the work boot Im wearing wear out(it's my rotation plan).

I remember my Dad and i would change into newer work clothes just to go to the stockyard or feed mill and I still do.When I was young all the males wore a shirt and tie with a suit to church even in the hottest part of summer.
I will admit to wearing a buttonup shirt and khakis to church with a new pair of boots now but the church I go to has a lot of lower income people who dress that way and I don't want to make them feel I'm any way above them,which I'm not.

Bigfoot":2sob1mop said:
24 seven 365, it's wranglers, and a long sleeve button up. I have been to Walmart in a hospital gown, sweat pants, and flip flops. Needed baby formula, and a can of dip like the world needs love.

That means you preach in Wranglers.

Not unusual. The preacher at Engage Church in Aurora, MO. preaches in clothes more casual than I wear to the grocery store.

Bright Raven":7plt74q8 said:
Bigfoot":7plt74q8 said:

Not unusual. The preacher at Engage Church in Aurora, MO. preaches in clothes more casual than I wear to the grocery store.

That bothers me. Sloppily dressed preachers that is.

TennesseeTuxedo":35v3o8qd said:
Bright Raven":35v3o8qd said:
Bigfoot":35v3o8qd said:

Judge them by what comes from their mouth not the garments they wear.

Bright Raven":3h5td8sg said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3h5td8sg said:
Bright Raven":3h5td8sg said:

Says the atheist. Geez.

TennesseeTuxedo":346dq2ns said:
Bright Raven":346dq2ns said:
TennesseeTuxedo":346dq2ns said:

Says the atheist. Geez.

Yes. I have openly confessed my absence of Faith. Does not imply that I do not go listen to a good sermon. In fact, the Fire Sweep Clan requires me to go to Engage Church whenever I visit. I will further state, the gentleman who preaches is pretty good and I have listened to a bunch.

Bright Raven":2cr587qt said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2cr587qt said:
Bright Raven":2cr587qt said:

Says the atheist. Geez.

Yes. I have openly confessed my absence of Faith. Does not imply that I do not go listen to a good sermon. In fact, the Fire Sweep Clan requires me to go to Engage Church whenever I visit. I will further state, the gentleman who preaches is pretty good and I have listened to a bunch.

Careful, might be contagious.

Two decades of AI work has cured me of long sleeve button up shirts but I won't leave the house in anything but wranglers and a short sleeve button shirt. T try to hold the best jeans and shirt back for church but that's about it. I do own one pair of shorts and one t-shirt which i will dawn on days when I'm to dirty to be comfortable but not ready for bed after a shower.

Bright Raven":3dfpku9q said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3dfpku9q said:
Bright Raven":3dfpku9q said:

Says the atheist. Geez.

why waste your time if you don't believe? I couldn't sit a listen to something I don't believe in...

ALACOWMAN":tvf8sltt said:
Bright Raven":tvf8sltt said:
TennesseeTuxedo":tvf8sltt said:
Says the atheist. Geez.

why waste your time if you don't believe? I couldn't sit a listen to something I don't believe in...

I find a good presentation engaging. Engages my thoughts. I guess it is like listening to music. It will never make me a musician but it engages me.

I have clean jeans and long sleeve button ups and nice boots for church. Other than that it wranglers or ariats a t shirt and Justin's. I have a couple pairs of shorts from when we've been to the beach. I also have some crocs but I only were those traveling.

Edit: I don't put much thought into how other people dress.

Please don't try to judge my morals, value, work ethics etc. based on my clothing. You don't have a clue what I may have just gone through prior to your seeing me..... but it doesn't hurt to dress decently if at all possible.

Latest posts