How Long

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
HDRider
GURU
GURU

Re: How Long

Postby HDRider » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:09 am

Cross-7 wrote:That's what I figured, maybe it was the comments that made me it was something more than a lone wacko with a gun. Certainly not a coup.
Extremist on both side but hopefully we have more sane people in the middle to keep them in check

Here is the coup....

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles ... ndate.html
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:19 am

HDRider wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Totally disagree, there is the far left and the right, as in correct.

That is how both sides view it. Americans seem to all fit the definition of snowflakes. Everyone is offended by politics or values other than their own.

You seem to want to not include yourself. Not sure how that works.

The beauty of extreme views is they lead, peacefully or not, to a comprise. A compromise is coming.

Would you elaborate on your commentary? Specifically, what indications are there that a compromise is coming? I am serious. If you are not, then pass on my question. Thanks.

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:17 am

I would love to see a compromise, but frankly, I don't see it coming anytime soon. Not far from me is the wonderful UVA college town of Charlottesville. A place full of coexist bumper stickers, preaching about tolerance on a daily basis, screaming about protecting people's "rights" yet they've had riots about 2 stupid statues and changing the names of 2 parks (they won). Those same parks were occupied by the "occupiers, (funny, those statues and park names didn't bother them then) and destroyed those parks byching about tea-party and evil rich. Now the KKK plans to have some kind of rally in C'Ville , which in my opinion is only to going to make things worse.

The divide was started a number of years ago. And continues today, very successfully, I might add. It is waaayyy easier to divide a large mass (nation) with many, many little fires than by 1 big fire. So many, numerous, pockets of "unrest". The worst part being that those who keep yelling about coexisting and getting along and byching about violence are the very same folks inciting riots, assaulting people etc.

I'm done. If I have gotten this thread locked, I am sorry, it was not my intention.
Live each day as if it were your last.

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:23 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:There was a program on while I was at the YMCA yesterday about extremism in the United States. Americans have become extremist. Every issue has an extreme left and an extreme right following. The moderates that occupied the middle in the past have migrated to one extreme or the other. One of the guests who is a professional arbitrator said there is no intent on either side to conduct any serious dialogue.

That line of thinking does nothing but breed contempt. Not everyone SHOULD see the world the same way. We see that here on the cattle board as some run red, some run black, and some run too many colors to count. Too conservative a stance on things and you end up living like those in deep Afghanistan or Iran.
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:44 am

Bestoutwest wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:There was a program on while I was at the YMCA yesterday about extremism in the United States. Americans have become extremist. Every issue has an extreme left and an extreme right following. The moderates that occupied the middle in the past have migrated to one extreme or the other. One of the guests who is a professional arbitrator said there is no intent on either side to conduct any serious dialogue.

That line of thinking does nothing but breed contempt. Not everyone SHOULD see the world the same way. We see that here on the cattle board as some run red, some run black, and some run too many colors to count. Too conservative a stance on things and you end up living like those in deep Afghanistan or Iran.

More liberal pablum. I reject it all. :compute:
The more I read here the less I know.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:44 am

HDRider wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
That is how both sides view it. Americans seem to all fit the definition of snowflakes. Everyone is offended by politics or values other than their own.

You seem to want to not include yourself. Not sure how that works.

The beauty of extreme views is they lead, peacefully or not, to a comprise. A compromise is coming.

Values and lifestyle are what I see separating Americans. How can values and lifestyle be compromised? Compromise is employed to reach agreement on proposed legislation but how do you compromise the lifestyle differences that divide America? The only solution that comes to my mind is a dictatorship. In which a dictator establishes the rules for lifestyle and values. Failure to obey the rules are punished by extreme measures.

Edited to add:
The other divider is economics. For better or worse, the US and most of the world is suffering from a concentration of wealth in an extremely small number of people. Regardless of whether the resentment is justified, that resentment is a huge problem.
Last edited by Bright Raven on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:49 am

A benevolent dictator might just be the thing. I wonder if The Donald would mind filling the role for 7 more years?
The more I read here the less I know.

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:17 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:A benevolent dictator might just be the thing. I wonder if The Donald would mind filling the role for 7 more years?

I can't tell if you're serious or just stirring the pot to be an a$$hole. I sure hope you jest....
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:20 am

Bestoutwest wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:A benevolent dictator might just be the thing. I wonder if The Donald would mind filling the role for 7 more years?

I can't tell if you're serious or just stirring the pot to be an a$$hole. I sure hope you jest....

Never take him serious!!! He sends me that kinda stuff in text messages. I just reply, "Lol".

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:21 am

Bright Raven wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:

Never take him serious!!! He sends me that kinda stuff in text messages. I just reply, "Lol".

I have a friend from college like that. One that will throw the gasoline to fire, and enjoyably so.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:24 am

Bestoutwest wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:

I have a friend from college like that. One that will throw the gasoline to fire, and enjoyably so.

I should not violate the trust of a good friend like TT, but he is a flaming liberal. He is just too timid to come out of the closet. He's afraid Caustic Bruno will call him a name. :lol:

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:24 am

Bright Raven wrote:Edited to add:
The other divider is economics. For better or worse, the US and most of the world is suffering from a concentration of wealth in an extremely small number of people. Regardless of whether the resentment is justified, that resentment is a huge problem.

As I'm sure you know, this is not a new problem. It's just that the youngest generation has been coddled to believe that they deserve everything that they want and see. Who can blame them? Their entire lives they've been handed something for nothing, and it's been a ruse.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:29 am

Bestoutwest wrote:

As I'm sure you know, this is not a new problem. It's just that the youngest generation has been coddled to believe that they deserve everything that they want and see. Who can blame them? Their entire lives they've been handed something for nothing, and it's been a ruse.

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Structural problems do exist in a world economy where only a small minority control a majority of the wealth. The problem is acknowledged but no solutions have been offered that I am aware of.

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:53 pm

Bright Raven wrote:Structural problems do exist in a world economy where only a small minority control a majority of the wealth. The problem is acknowledged but no solutions have been offered that I am aware of.

How do you fix it, though? Through legislation? Through violent uprising? I know that some offer a "stop shopping there" approach, but that isn't working for Walmart, Amazon, McDonald's etc. And honestly, is someone taken off the street worth more than minimum wage? What I'd really like to see is an increase in the corporate tax rate and massive decrease for self-employed folks (plumbers, electricians, etc.).

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:55 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Structural problems do exist in a world economy where only a small minority control a majority of the wealth. The problem is acknowledged but no solutions have been offered that I am aware of.

If I was one of the small minority everything would be good. Everyone has the chance to become filthy rich in the US of A. We have it good in this country.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Return to “Coffee Shop”