Animal Control

Help Support CattleToday:

In this state, we have the County Judge Executive form of County Governance. Most people call that office for everything - roads, animals, taxes, domestic violence, etc.

Then the Judge's office directs the information to the correct party. In the case of livestock, it goes to the Sheriff's office because it may require Sheriff powers such as taking possession of livestock, etc.

It will not work to tell the Sheriff your land is posted. Two of the highest law enforcement positions under the Constitution is the Sheriff and US Marshall and the Sheriff is the only law enforcement position that is elected by the people.

Most sheriffs in Kentucky can sort out whether cattle are being properly treated

skyhightree1":2zirs65j said:
Does anyone else have animal control in their county that is dumb as a bucket of cow S... ? These fools know absolutely nothing about cattle.

Animal Control has been out of control for as long as I can remember. They have successfully made keeping a dog a very expensive endeavor.

I heard a story about a horse getting hit by a car and it having to be put to sleep by a vet. The owner could not put it out of its misery without getting in trouble from animal control.

Keeping bottle babies alive the first week is the challenge. After that it is keeping them from going to a doggie.

Your calves look fine Sky.

kenny thomas":3noa0v5h said:
Sky, those look like most do at that age. They are eating feed for sure.

It pizzed me slam off he don't know what hes talking about.

backhoeboogie":3noa0v5h said:
skyhightree1":3noa0v5h said:
Does anyone else have animal control in their county that is dumb as a bucket of cow S... ? These fools know absolutely nothing about cattle.

Animal Control has been out of control for as long as I can remember. They have successfully made keeping a dog a very expensive endeavor.

I heard a story about a horse getting hit by a car and it having to be put to sleep by a vet. The owner could not put it out of its misery without getting in trouble from animal control.

Keeping bottle babies alive the first week is the challenge. After that it is keeping them from going to a doggie.

Your calves look fine Sky.

Thanks BHB yea the gov't in general is out of control. Yea if you put a horse down on your own you better not tell anyone or have any spectators.

The more "city" encroaches on "country", the more of this kind of crap happens.

Those are Holsteins, I used to raise bottle-babies, they look good to me.

Just remember, what goes around, comes around, whether it is good or bad.

bullsh!t.. they can't come on your property with a no trespassing sign. I'd tell them to get the fvck off your property and that you might feed them next week if you feel like it.

i had my cows get out and instead of actually keeping them off the road or trying to turn them.. people were stopped taking cell phone videos. bunch of idiot yuppies

ddd75":18mnzqqa said:
bullsh!t.. they can't come on your property with a no trespassing sign. I'd tell them to get the fvck off your property and that you might feed them next week if you feel like it.

i had my cows get out and instead of actually keeping them off the road or trying to turn them.. people were stopped taking cell phone videos. bunch of idiot yuppies
Pull that crap down here and you'll be in jail and your livestock will be at the sale barn next week. Check might cover your fines but won't rebuild your reputation.

TexasBred":1b2n0lwf said:
ddd75":1b2n0lwf said:

Pull that crap down here and you'll be in jail and your livestock will be at the sale barn next week. Check might cover your fines but won't rebuild your reputation.

x10. Not the "idiot yuppies" fault your cows got out and if they don't know anything about "turning" cows I sure would rather them take a video than try to "help" and get them running into the next county. And personally, I wouldn't tell animal control that "I'll feed them next week if I feel like it" when they are there to investigate me for (supposedly) not feeding my animals. Seems a bit ill-advised to goad them, however much one might want to....

yes i'm sure i'll be in jail for telling someone to get off my privately owned property AND they'll come take EVERY SINGLE ANIMAL off my property because I said "I might feed them next week"

get real

no wonder they are running over us left and right .. you people roll over and let them do whatever they want to you.

"oh oh mr. investigator.. take a look around, i'll even feed them some special lil snacks i have right here for you.. oh.. go ahead and look around.. i have no rights.. go ahead and let me know what you think I should do and say.. oh thank you sir.. thank you for bothering me and trespassing on my private lands.. thanks for coming onto my property and disrespecting me.."

ddd75":3hhv04w3 said:

I don't think I say the part about not might feeding them until I want to, real bad idea......but you are correct , in that you don't have to let them on your property.
Tell them to do their due process and come back with a warrant and a real Leo.
Until then they can pound sand.

ddd75":3ht7uxac said:
yes i'm sure i'll be in jail for telling someone to get off my privately owned property AND they'll come take EVERY SINGLE ANIMAL off my property because I said "I might feed them next week"

get real

no wonder they are running over us left and right .. you people roll over and let them do whatever they want to you.

"oh oh mr. investigator.. take a look around, i'll even feed them some special lil snacks i have right here for you.. oh.. go ahead and look around.. i have no rights.. go ahead and let me know what you think I should do and say.. oh thank you sir.. thank you for bothering me and trespassing on my private lands.. thanks for coming onto my property and disrespecting me.."

I'm against government intrusion into our lives. But your opening a can of worms that will cost you big time in the long run. I just tell any government agency to get a search warrant and there welcome to look around. Otherwise this is private property and for your safety and mine, no trespassing is allowed.
There's no denying that animals and people need government protection on private property to stop the abuse.

True Grit Farms":3qduo2k4 said:
ddd75":3qduo2k4 said:

get real

I'm against government intrusion into our lives. But your opening a can of worms that will cost you big time in the long run. I just tell any government agency to get a search warrant and there welcome to look around. Otherwise this is private property and for your safety and mine, no trespassing is allowed.
There's no denying that animals and people need government protection on private property to stop the abuse.

if some guy is going to come onto my property, be a D!ckhead and accuse me of something, not even ask to see the animals.. and tell me I "better" do something.. your damn sure I'm going to be a d!ckhead back. They can't do a thing to you if you say "I might feed them next week" that can mean anything. I don't feed my cows ANYTHING.. they are on pasture. So.. me saying "I might feed them next week" means I might give them some bagged feed next week.. SEE??? WORDS can be turned anyway.

now.. if the guy came up and said.. sir. .I recieved a complaint about an animal issue with your cattle.. someone saying your not feeding them and they look really bad.. Do you mind if you show me them? I'd really appreciate it.

OH>> well sure bub, come on over here I'll run you to the back 40 in the gator and you can see my fat cattle in 3' tall grass, probably the best pasture you've seen boy. Come on and get in'.

Some posts are referring to authorized officials whose duties include animal control.

Other posts appear to be referring to common citizens.

I don't have my land posted, so it would not be unexpected to have someone drive into my property if the gate is unlocked. I agree with ddd75 that one should not tolerate a private citizen entering on your property and assessing whether you are providing proper care for your livestock.

If on the other hand, the regulatory authority is entering your property to conduct their public duties, you are a damm fool not to cooperate.

TennesseeTuxedo":2q6dzq57 said:
I can't believe what I'm reading, Grit sees a useful purpose to a government agency.

Hades must be hosting the NHL hockey finals with all that ice that just formed.

He's also getting all worked up against a spot here and there .I sure liked ol highgrit . But trugrit changes like weather. :D

Bright Raven":28gdrww5 said:
Some posts are referring to authorized officials whose duties include animal control.

Other posts appear to be referring to common citizens.

I don't have my land posted, so it would not be unexpected to have someone drive into my property if the gate is unlocked. I agree with ddd75 that one should not tolerate a private citizen entering on your property and assessing whether you are providing proper care for your livestock.

If on the other hand, the regulatory authority is entering your property to conduct their public duties, you are a damm fool not to cooperate.

NO. I don't think you should open your gate a let anyone in that doesn't have a warrant signed by a judge. That's how it's supposed to work. Tell the alphabet official politely that if they believe you to be in violation then go present the evidence they have to the courts. And get a warrant.
That's the way it's supposed to work.