The World's A Changing

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest

Reaction score
This weekend two eras come to an end.

Today the last Confederate statue in New Orleans came down, it was of Robert E. Lee. While I don't agree with the South's decision to secede, the man was willing to die for his beliefs and was a great general. For that I respect him.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... bert-e-lee

The other is The Ringling Brothers Circus will close the curtain for the final time this weekend. It's too bad b/c it's such a cool experience.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/rin ... th-n761671

Circuses are yesterdays newspapers.
Lee was overrated. He// he lost at Gettysburg to the side that had Custer fighting as a Brigadier General.
Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson was every bit as good and perhaps better had he not been killed by friendly fire.
The south was undefeated at the time of Jackson's death.
Nathan Bedford Forrest perhaps had the most natural instincts and under different circumstances the best of them all.

Bestoutwest":mi58f4ff said:

Today the last Confederate statue in New Orleans came down, it was of Robert E. Lee. While I don't agree with the South's decision to secede, the man was willing to die for his beliefs and was a great general. For that I respect him.

The other is The Ringling Brothers Circus will close the curtain for the final time this weekend. It's too bad b/c it's such a cool experience.

Robert E Lee, been to his homeplace, Stratford Hall Plantation. Really neat place, great tour, lots of history, near Colonial Beach Va.

Getting rid of these statues does not change the history. If "we" continue to erase all these things, "we" are destined to repeat the past.

The Ringling Bros. Circus, fortunate enough to see their show, at least twice in my lifetime. Great circus! Loved it.

The times they are changing. :|

I heard they want to clean off the side of of Stone Mountain. History happened you can't erase it by taking down statues and not talking about it. This country is headed in a bad direction.

I loved the circus when I was a kid. Stupid animal lovers basically forced them to give up the elephants and down came the big top.

It really is sad seeing these changes

Son of Butch":32kdm085 said:
Circuses are yesterdays newspapers.
Lee was overrated. He// he lost at Gettysburg to the side that had Custer fighting as a Brigadier General.
Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson was every bit as good and perhaps better had he not been killed by friendly fire.
The south was undefeated at the time of Jackson's death.
Nathan Bedford Forrest perhaps had the most natural instincts and under different circumstances the best of them all.

All true as far as generals went still doesn't change history or the trying to erase it by idiots.

Maybe we should dig up all the soldiers in Arlington and return the land to the Lee family. The land was illegal confiscated ruled so by the Supreme Court. Maybe we should tear down the thiefs statue at the Lincoln memorial.
What a joke on history the sainthood of the president that wanted to deport the African to Central America.

Workinonit Farm":1fz3djnj said:
Bestoutwest":1fz3djnj said:

Robert E Lee, been to his homeplace, Stratford Hall Plantation. Really neat place, great tour, lots of history, near Colonial Beach Va.

Getting rid of these statues does not change the history. If "we" continue to erase all these things, "we" are destined to repeat the past.

The Ringling Bros. Circus, fortunate enough to see their show, at least twice in my lifetime. Great circus! Loved it.

The times they are changing. :|

This is what museums are for. Those that really want to see these things can visit and spend as much time as they wish looking at it and remembering.

Caustic Burno":2hwp9hnm said:
Maybe we should dig up all the soldiers in Arlington and return the land to the Lee family. The land was illegal confiscated ruled so by the Supreme Court. Maybe we should tear down the thiefs statue at the Lincoln memorial.
What a joke on history the sainthood of the president that wanted to deport the African to Central America.
Reckon he figured since it worked in Liberia it would work in Central America. All voluntary of course.

Caustic Burno":2hzymqf9 said:
I've read two speeches by him where he was pro slavery and anti-aircraft. He just pandered to the specific crowd.

Bestoutwest":1d7dtes3 said:
Caustic Burno":1d7dtes3 said:
I've read two speeches by him where he was pro slavery and anti-aircraft. He just pandered to the specific crowd.
The true irony is if the democrats had not self destructed in a power struggle he would have never seen the White House. They fractured into three groups running a norther, southern and western candidate against him.

Secondly I don't think he gave any anti air craft speechs that auto correct is a pain sometimes.

i hope these people know slavery is alive and thriving, especially in africa, where its never stopped.

all races have been enslaved at some point in time.

boo hoo, look at me, i'm special, give me a lollipop and a hug.

ddd75":2vafmcr2 said:
i hope these people know slavery is alive and thriving, especially in africa, where its never stopped.

HeII fire Houston is the human trafficking capital of the USA Today.

Caustic Burno":14cxmblh said:
ddd75":14cxmblh said:

HeII fire Houston is the human trafficking capital of the USA Today.

oh yea.. its huge in the usa too. people need to wake up, get off the phones, and get out of the subdivision. maybe they'll see what the worlds really like.

I hope the statues at the Texas State capitol building are not removed by spineless politicians. History is history...you can re-tell it, manipulate it, modify it, lie about it, glorify it, sensationalize it, minimize it or maximize it but it IS WHAT IT IS AND IT AIN'T WHAT IT AIN'T.
And for what it's worth maybe the statues in New Orleans will be placed in a fitting location...New Orleans is a slum!

Latest posts