Permitless Carry in TX

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
User avatar
SteppedInIt
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:17 pm
Location: SE Texas

Permitless Carry in TX

Postby SteppedInIt » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:25 am

https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=1650
Texas: Urge Your Representative to Support Permitless Carry Legislation, House Bill 1911
On Tuesday afternoon, the House Committee on Homeland Security and Public Safety voted 6-2 to report out HB 1911 by state Rep. James White, legislation that eliminates the requirement for obtaining a License to Carry (LTC) for law-abiding citizens who would otherwise meet the eligibility requirements to qualify for that license. This is a critical step towards permitless carry in Texas. The bill now moves to the House Calendars Committee, which will decide if and when the measure receives consideration by the full House.

The way it should be.
0 x
"When the People fear their government there is tyranny, when government fears the people there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Craig Miller
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:29 pm
Location: Nw Alabama

Re: Permitless Carry in TX

Postby Craig Miller » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:32 am

Alabama senate just passed a bill doing away with the permit requirement yesterday. On to the house for voting hopefully soon.
0 x

User avatar
backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy
Posts: 14224
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:27 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Permitless Carry in TX

Postby backhoeboogie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:26 pm

Great news
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10302
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Permitless Carry in TX

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:35 pm

Hmmmmm...I'm not so sure about this.

Are there any educational requirements required?
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 20933
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Permitless Carry in TX

Postby Caustic Burno » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:39 pm

SteppedInIt wrote:https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=1650
Texas: Urge Your Representative to Support Permitless Carry Legislation, House Bill 1911
On Tuesday afternoon, the House Committee on Homeland Security and Public Safety voted 6-2 to report out HB 1911 by state Rep. James White, legislation that eliminates the requirement for obtaining a License to Carry (LTC) for law-abiding citizens who would otherwise meet the eligibility requirements to qualify for that license. This is a critical step towards permitless carry in Texas. The bill now moves to the House Calendars Committee, which will decide if and when the measure receives consideration by the full House.

The way it should be.

On this we disagree Rep. White and I had a discussion on the issue this afternoon.
LTC gives certain rights as no background checks also the education of where you can't carry.
I see some nuts that play into the antis crowd by showing up to prohibited events and places.
The LTC will remain in place as well in the future as well.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13995
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Permitless Carry in TX

Postby greybeard » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:10 pm

All the morons that can't qualify for carry permits are already carrying anyway.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 20933
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Permitless Carry in TX

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:33 pm

greybeard wrote:All the morons that can't qualify for carry permits are already carrying anyway.



Your 100% correct difference is there are serious penalties if they get caught.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2966
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Permitless Carry in TX

Postby callmefence » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:51 am

There's already serious consequences. A permit will have no effect on the criminal wanting to carry. ..he's a criminal. The only thing the permit does is place a burden on the law abiding citizen to exercise his constitutional rights.
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred


You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
Kell-inKY
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 501
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:12 pm
Location: Far Western KY

Re: Permitless Carry in TX

Postby Kell-inKY » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:07 am

Shall Not Be Infringed, seems like I've read that somewhere before.....
0 x

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 20933
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Permitless Carry in TX

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:10 am

callmefence wrote:There's already serious consequences. A permit will have no effect on the criminal wanting to carry. ..he's a criminal. The only thing the permit does is place a burden on the law abiding citizen to exercise his constitutional rights.

This is where we disagree Johnny Nut will be willing to show up.
In today's society to carry a sidearm I believe you need to go through some training showing you are proficient and knowledgeable in the law to carry.
You can't get a hunting license without a hunter education course.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

User avatar
dun
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 46627
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:34 am
Location: MO Ozarks

Re: Permitless Carry in TX

Postby dun » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:16 am

The only issue I have with permitless carry is the recip agreements between the states
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3981
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Permitless Carry in TX

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:19 am

A lot of innocent by standers are killed by trained professionals.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10302
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Permitless Carry in TX

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:23 am

True Grit Farms wrote:A lot of innocent by standers are killed by trained professionals.


Lesson here is don't be a bystander, be a get the he!! out of there'er.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 20933
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: Permitless Carry in TX

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:28 am

dun wrote:The only issue I have with permitless carry is the recip agreements between the states

Good point.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2966
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Permitless Carry in TX

Postby callmefence » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:32 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
callmefence wrote:There's already serious consequences. A permit will have no effect on the criminal wanting to carry. ..he's a criminal. The only thing the permit does is place a burden on the law abiding citizen to exercise his constitutional rights.

This is where we disagree Johnny Nut will be willing to show up.
In today's society to carry a sidearm I believe you need to go through some training showing you are proficient and knowledgeable in the law to carry.
You can't get a hunting license without a hunter education course.


YOU and ME can get a hunting license without Hunter ed.
You can also legally carry a long gun with no permit or education.
Permit simply forces people to line up ,pay their fee and get on a government register. The ccl course is a be nice joke
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred


You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett


Return to “Coffee Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aaron, Calhoun103, farmerjan, SoILcattle and 7 guests